Common Dialog sample problem
Author Message
 Common Dialog sample problem

So, I got Microsoft's GetOpenFileName sample project to compile & run
OK. But if I try to modify the template dialog using the resource
editor, it makes some changes to the .rc file (as expected). Then it
won't compile any more.

The compiler chokes on LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH...telling me "language" is
supposed to be a number. Duh.

There must be a #define somewhere for the language numbers. Apparently
whatever header has it isn't referenced in the sample project. The
resource editor sticks that line back in the file every time you save it
after an edit. Then it won't build.

The MSDN help doesn't show language numbers ANYWHERE, or reference a
header.

Ummm?

drc
--
Dave Cullen

Real Address: dcullen at prox dot com

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Common Dialog sample problem
I have also seen code (particularly templates) that if changed will not save
the changes and will revert back to the original state.

I don't know why. I may be that the code for the template is being generated
else where.

Quote:

> So, I got Microsoft's GetOpenFileName sample project to compile & run
> OK. But if I try to modify the template dialog using the resource
> editor, it makes some changes to the .rc file (as expected). Then it
> won't compile any more.

> The compiler chokes on LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH...telling me "language" is
> supposed to be a number. Duh.

> There must be a #define somewhere for the language numbers. Apparently
> whatever header has it isn't referenced in the sample project. The
> resource editor sticks that line back in the file every time you save it
> after an edit. Then it won't build.

> The MSDN help doesn't show language numbers ANYWHERE, or reference a
> header.

> Ummm?

> drc
> --
> Dave Cullen

> Real Address: dcullen at prox dot com

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Common Dialog Problem

2. Common Font Dialog problem

3. Common Dialog problems in NT but not Win95

4. Common Font Dialog: problems returning the selected font

5. Color selection Common Dialog Customization problem

6. Common dialog customization problem

7. Problem with Common Dialogs and embedded Perl

8. Customizing the Common Print Dialog Box - Problem with Collate Icon

9. Customizing Common Page Setup Dialog Box problem

10. Problem with print setup common dialog

11. Cannot display the dialog derived from common file dialog

12. Nesting Common File Dialog within my Dialog