CMap with 64-bit key
Author Message
 CMap with 64-bit key

I need to implement a map with a 64-bit key.  This could be
a special "key" class with two DWORDS or an 8-byte string
with embedded null characters.  For some reason, the former
won't compile and I don't know how to do the latter.

Any examples?

jim

Fri, 19 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CMap with 64-bit key

Have you written an instantiation of the  HashKey() template function which
takes your key as an argument?  I think you need to do this

Joe O'

Quote:

>I need to implement a map with a 64-bit key.  This could be
>a special "key" class with two DWORDS or an 8-byte string
>with embedded null characters.  For some reason, the former
>won't compile and I don't know how to do the latter.

>Any examples?

>jim

Fri, 19 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CMap with 64-bit key

Quote:
>Have you written an instantiation of the  HashKey() template function which
>takes your key as an argument?  I think you need to do this

I seem to have a conceptual block on this.  If I rewrite HashKey to
deal with (say) a pointer to two sequential DWORDS, I still don't
understand how the template will complete the task.  For instance, how
will hashkey collissions be handled?  What will do the equivalence
test to determine if two keys are equal?

jim

Sat, 20 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 64 Bit * 64 Bit = 128 Bit

2. 64-bit multiplication (RSA key generation)

3. 64 bit multiplication (RSA key generation)

4. Help: porting 32-bit app to 64-bit Dec Alpha

5. 64-bit integer on a 32-bit machine

6. Calling 64 bit lib. from 32 bit program

7. emulating a 64 bit divide with 2 32 bit registers in ansi c

8. converting signed 64 bit - 32 bit

9. 64 bit operation on 32 bit PC

10. 64-bit chips, 32-bit compatibility?

11. REQUEST: 64-bit integer math on 32-bit processor

12. Accessing 32-bit com componet from 64-bit application