OCX Control in a VC1.52??
Author Message
 OCX Control in a VC1.52??

How can I use an OCX Control in VC 1.52c??  I am totally baffled...I've
searched everywhere (books online, MSDN, www.microsoft.com) and can't
find any USEFULL information other than how to build an OCX control.

Thanks in advance!  Please reply to my e-mail as well as to the list!!
--

Peter R. Vermilye

PS: Who does Microsoft call for help?

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control in a VC1.52??

Hi Peter,

Control containment support was never implemented in the 16-bit VC product
line. It was a feature implemented in MFC after development on the 16-bit
tools was discontinued.

Ed...

Quote:
> How can I use an OCX Control in VC 1.52c??  I am totally baffled...I've
> searched everywhere (books online, MSDN, www.microsoft.com) and can't
> find any USEFULL information other than how to build an OCX control.

> Thanks in advance!  Please reply to my e-mail as well as to the list!!
> --

> Peter R. Vermilye

> PS: Who does Microsoft call for help?

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control in a VC1.52??

Quote:

> I believe OCX's area a 32bit thing not 16bit.  I don't think you will find
> support for OCX's in VC 1.52c.

> Gwyn Cole

> > How can I use an OCX Control in VC 1.52c??  I am totally baffled...I've
> > searched everywhere (books online, MSDN, www.microsoft.com) and can't
> > find any USEFULL information other than how to build an OCX control.

> > Peter R. Vermilye

> > PS: Who does Microsoft call for help?

Wait a minute: both 16 bit and 32 bit OCXs exist; you can generate 16
bit OCXs using VC++ 1.52 and the CDK.  However, you cannot >use< the
OCXs in VC++.

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control in a VC1.52??

Quote:

> Hi Peter,

> Control containment support was never implemented in the 16-bit VC product
> line. It was a feature implemented in MFC after development on the 16-bit
> tools was discontinued.

A compelling reason to look to Borland or Watcom, then I guess!!  If
that is the case, how/why does a vendor supply a 16-bit .OCX control??
I've looked at Mike Blaszczak's article in MSJ and see him implement
SOMETHING...I'm just having a hard time understanding what??

Thanks!!

Quote:

> Ed...

> > How can I use an OCX Control in VC 1.52c??  I am totally baffled...I've
> > searched everywhere (books online, MSDN, www.microsoft.com) and can't
> > find any USEFULL information other than how to build an OCX control.

> > Thanks in advance!  Please reply to my e-mail as well as to the list!!
> > --

> > Peter R. Vermilye

> > PS: Who does Microsoft call for help?

--

Peter R. Vermilye

PS: Who does Microsoft call for help?

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control in a VC1.52??

I believe OCX's area a 32bit thing not 16bit.  I don't think you will find
support for OCX's in VC 1.52c.

Gwyn Cole

Quote:
> How can I use an OCX Control in VC 1.52c??  I am totally baffled...I've
> searched everywhere (books online, MSDN, www.microsoft.com) and can't
> find any USEFULL information other than how to build an OCX control.

> Peter R. Vermilye

> PS: Who does Microsoft call for help?

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control in a VC1.52??

16 Bit OCXs are used by the 16 bit version of Visual Basic 4.0.  Not to
dispute the fact that there are compelling reasons to switch to another
vendor since Microsoft seemed to have abandoned 16 bit Visual C++
programmers at the first sign of the 32 bit compiler.

Myron.
email removed to eliminate junk mail.

Quote:

> > Hi Peter,

> > Control containment support was never implemented in the 16-bit VC
product
> > line. It was a feature implemented in MFC after development on the
16-bit
> > tools was discontinued.

> A compelling reason to look to Borland or Watcom, then I guess!!  If
> that is the case, how/why does a vendor supply a 16-bit .OCX control??
> I've looked at Mike Blaszczak's article in MSJ and see him implement
> SOMETHING...I'm just having a hard time understanding what??

> Thanks!!

> > Ed...

> > Peter R. Vermilye wrote.
> > > How can I use an OCX Control in VC 1.52c??  I am totally
baffled...I've
> > > searched everywhere (books online, MSDN, www.microsoft.com) and can't
> > > find any USEFULL information other than how to build an OCX control.

> > > Thanks in advance!  Please reply to my e-mail as well as to the

list!!

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. OCX Control in a VC1.52??

2. 3D Controls with VC1.52

3. 16bit OCX controls in Visual c1.52

4. HELP! Whats wrong with this code?VC1.52

5. Help - How to access MS-ACCess from VC1.52

6. Problem with vc1.52, dos window in win95 and graphics program

7. ldllcew.lib - converting VC1.52 to VC5

8. Help porting VC1.52 DLL to VC2.2 DLL

9. VC1.52 and Win95

10. VC1.52 Setup Install Program

11. Tabbing using VC1.52

12. VC1.52 Compiler optimisation problem