Manual mod of string resource ids causes failed resource load 
Author Message
 Manual mod of string resource ids causes failed resource load

Hi,

I accidentally allowed multiple checkouts on the resource.h and lrrs.rc
during the early stages of a new project. Consequently, through the
auto-merge process, we ended up with string table resources that had the
same ids. Ugh.

So, in order to 'correct' this problem I checked out resource.h and manually
reset all the ids to be both unique and contiguous starting from 32771 (the
first value already there).

Now some of the string resources won't load.

I've rebuilt the project from scratch after deleting all but the dsp and dsw
files. No dice. The .rc file has not been affected, i.e. the same IDS_xxx
are still relevant.

Can anyone shed some light on possible causes?

Thanks one and all,
Ro



Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 1 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Open a binary file as a resource with resource ID

2. Resource IDs / Resource.h

3. LoadLibrary fails on Win98 (resource ID > 0x7FFF)

4. Resources fail to load on execution, but seem fine within the IDE

5. Resource load failed

6. Extracting String IDs from Resource Dlls

7. Missing resource ID/string tables

8. resource compiler error on reused string ID

9. String Resource ID conflicts

10. Active A component in Regular DLL does not load ODBC resource strings

11. LoadBitmap() fails with string-identified resources in Win95/98

12. String-identified bitmap resources not loading in Win95/98

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software