Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000
Author Message
 Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000

Dear Sirs,
I have developed an application using Microsoft Visual C++
6.0 on a Windows NT PC.

Now I have recompiled my application "as is" on a new
Windows 2000 Professional PC using the same Microsoft
Visual C++ 6.0 project created on the previous PC.

While at compile time and link time there are no errors,
at run time it does not run anymore, giving wrong results.

I saw that MSVC 6.0 may create also a WIN64 application.

May be the problem related to some compilation/link flags ?

Many thanks to all.

Regards

Nicola Lisi

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:15:53 GMT
 Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000
No, I don't think you need to change anything in your project.  It's probably
something related to the different system DLLs on Win2K.  I also made the switch
from WinNT to Win2K last year, and I've not had any big problems.  Describe the
symptoms of it "not run[ning] anymore, giving wrong results".

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 19:46:55 GMT
 Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000
Service Pack for Win2000 and SP ver. 5 for Visual Studio could help

Vlad

Quote:
> Dear Sirs,
> I have developed an application using Microsoft Visual C++
> 6.0 on a Windows NT PC.

> Now I have recompiled my application "as is" on a new
> Windows 2000 Professional PC using the same Microsoft
> Visual C++ 6.0 project created on the previous PC.

> While at compile time and link time there are no errors,
> at run time it does not run anymore, giving wrong results.

> I saw that MSVC 6.0 may create also a WIN64 application.

> May be the problem related to some compilation/link flags ?

> Many thanks to all.

> Regards

> Nicola Lisi

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:22:03 GMT

1. Visual C++ 6.0 attach to process debugger in Windows 2000

2. Visual C++ 6.0 bug on Windows 2000?

3. Visual C++ 6.0 @ Windows 2000

4. Visual C++ Runtime error in Windows XP, but not in Windows 2000

5. Access 2000 and Visual C++ 6.0

6. How to access OutLook 2000 Contacts using Visual C/C++ 6.0

7. How to access OutLook 2000 Contacts using Visual C/C++ 6.0

8. Install of vc c++ 6.0 fails under Windows 2000 sp3

9. Visual C++ Combo boxes & Windows 2000

10. Visual C++ Combo boxes & Windows 2000

11. Visual C++ Combo boxes & Windows 2000

12. Windows 98 and 2000 with Visual C++