The exception Breakpoint - A breakpoint has been reached question
Author Message
 The exception Breakpoint - A breakpoint has been reached question

Hi !

I am getting in my application the following error :

The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location XXXXXXXX

The strange thing is that this error happens only in Debug version. As
a matter of fact, I hardly believe that there is some bug in that
code, since it's an example application of Richter's "Advanced
Windows" book (TinJLib project).

I would like to understand what might be the nature of this error?
About what breakpoint we are told here ?
Does it make sense, that in Release version this error would be
somehow hidden ?

Thanks in Advance
Vadim

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:08:09 GMT
 The exception Breakpoint - A breakpoint has been reached question

Quote:

> Hi !

> I am getting in my application the following error :

> The exception Breakpoint
> A breakpoint has been reached
> (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location XXXXXXXX

> The strange thing is that this error happens only in Debug version. As
> a matter of fact, I hardly believe that there is some bug in that
> code, since it's an example application of Richter's "Advanced
> Windows" book (TinJLib project).

> I would like to understand what might be the nature of this error?
> About what breakpoint we are told here ?
> Does it make sense, that in Release version this error would be
> somehow hidden ?

> Thanks in Advance
> Vadim

It makes a lot of sense that the error would somehow be hidden in a
release version.  The whole purpose of debug builds is to include extra
error-checking code to let the programmer know when a possible problem
is detected.  This code is omitted in a release build.

Paste 0x80000003 into the error lookup tool on the Tools menu.  It will
explain the error code.  Examine the stack window when the error
occurs.  It will show you where in your program (or Richter's program!)
the problem originated.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:03:35 GMT

1. Breakpoint reached event???

2. Unhandled Exception:User Breakpoint Message

3. Set Breakpoint for a First Chance Exception

4. unhandled exception-access violation when debugger hits breakpoint in C++

5. Breakpoint exception in ntdll.dll

6. can't breakpoints, beginner question

7. setting breakpoint question

8. VS6, SP5: MSDEV.EXE failing on exit with "A breakpoint has been reached"

9. Why does my breakpoint stop working?

10. Advanced debugging in code (Debugging API, breakpoints)

11. Breakpoints stop working !

12. Breakpoint are sometimes ignored