Converting from Watcom 11.0a
Author Message
 Converting from Watcom 11.0a

I am currently undertaking a task to convert a large amount of code
compiled in WatcomC++ 11.0a to VisualC++ 6.0.

This code uses Watcom assembly code as well as C++.  I already know
about the problem with the "#pragma aux" not working.

Is there any advice, web sites, books, or other resources out there that
I could check out that would help me in this endeavor?

Thanks,
Tony

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting from Watcom 11.0a

Quote:

>I am currently undertaking a task to convert a large amount of code
>compiled in WatcomC++ 11.0a to VisualC++ 6.0.

>This code uses Watcom assembly code as well as C++.  I already know
>about the problem with the "#pragma aux" not working.

>Is there any advice, web sites, books, or other resources out there that
>I could check out that would help me in this endeavor?

I do not know of any books etc. But you could log into

and raise the questions on

powersoft.public.watcom_c_c++.general

Most of the #pragma aux stuff should convert to _asm inline blocks. Most of
Watcom's C library stuff should convert over easy enough as Watcom tries to
be Microsoft compatible.

Stephen Howe

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting code from Watcom C++ 11.0a

2. watcom 11 question

3. Watcom C++ V 11 - RTTI

4. Watcom C/C++ v.11 available

5. Watcom C/C++ V10.0a

6. Watcom 10.0a bug in Win95?

7. Function read() and file locking in Watcom v10.0a

8. Watcom C/C++ 10.0a - Anomaly?

9. Strange limits of compatibility in Watcom C/C++ 10.0a

10. watcom ver 10.0a

11. Keep Surfing Safe !111111!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!!1|1!11!11 6521

12. C compiler for PDP-11 (RSX-11 M+)