Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?
Author Message
 Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?

Hello,

I found the ping sample in platform SDK didn't work if the
user is not adminstrator, but the ping utility shipped
with windows 2000 works. Why did this occur?

Thanks a lot.

chris2002

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:21:11 GMT
 Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?

Hello,

I found the ping sample in platform SDK didn't work if the
user is not adminstrator, but the ping utility shipped
with windows 2000 works. Why did this occur?

Thanks a lot.

chris2002

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:21:34 GMT
 Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?
The ping sample in SDK is writen by raw-socket that request the user has
adminsitrator. For more information, please refer to MSDN.

The ping utility shipped with Win2K is writen by ICMP API such as
ICMPSendEcho(). Also, to run your ping sample without permission
limination, you can use IP Help API: GetRTTAndHopCount()

HIH
Kevin
This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

--------------------

| Subject: Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?
| Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:21:34 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.language
|

| Hello,
|
| I found the ping sample in platform SDK didn't work if the
| user is not adminstrator, but the ping utility shipped
| with windows 2000 works. Why did this occur?
|
| Thanks a lot.
|
| chris2002

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:18:47 GMT
 Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?
The ping sample in SDK is writen by raw-socket that request the user has
adminsitrator. For more information, please refer to MSDN.

The ping utility shipped with Win2K is writen by ICMP API such as
ICMPSendEcho(). Also, to run your ping sample without permission
limination, you can use IP Help API: GetRTTAndHopCount()

HIH
Kevin
This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

--------------------

| Subject: Is the ping sample same as the ping utility?
| Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:21:11 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.language
|

| Hello,
|
| I found the ping sample in platform SDK didn't work if the
| user is not adminstrator, but the ping utility shipped
| with windows 2000 works. Why did this occur?
|
| Thanks a lot.
|
| chris2002

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:18:24 GMT

1. Does anyone have PING sample code?

2. Ping sample - timeout on dead host

3. Network Connection, Logged on To Net Pinging

4. Is computer up and running...ping

5. Can a ping be detected?

6. CreateProcess to call cmd file and ping fails?

7. Implementing a PING

8. Ping

9. ping a website

10. PING....

11. How to write a ping in C#

12. Example of BeginRecieveFrom (for ping or for sniffing)??