Problem with View base class list in Step 6 of VC++ 6.0 AppWizard
Author Message
 Problem with View base class list in Step 6 of VC++ 6.0 AppWizard

In several books about Visual C++, the View base class list in Step 6 of the
AppWizard when creating a Single document interface or Multiple document
interface there are 8 choices for a base class for the application's View
class.
They are

CEditView
CFormView
CHtmlView
CListView
CRichEditView
CScrollView
CTreeView
CView

On my system, however, two of these class names are missing, namely CEditView,
and CHtmlView.
Does anybody know how I can get these classes to be listed?  I'd like to have
the option of a CHtmlView base class in order to create DHTML applications.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
-Naresh

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with View base class list in Step 6 of VC++ 6.0 AppWizard
Naresh,

  The CHtmlView and CEditView options should definitely be available
if you have VC6.0 -- perhaps its time to uninstall and reinstall?

Les

Quote:

>In several books about Visual C++, the View base class list in Step 6 of
the
>AppWizard when creating a Single document interface or Multiple document
>interface there are 8 choices for a base class for the application's View
>class.
>They are

>CEditView
>CFormView
>CHtmlView
>CListView
>CRichEditView
>CScrollView
>CTreeView
>CView

>On my system, however, two of these class names are missing, namely
CEditView,
>and CHtmlView.
>Does anybody know how I can get these classes to be listed?  I'd like to
have
>the option of a CHtmlView base class in order to create DHTML applications.
>Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
>-Naresh

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. AppWizard: Missing Base Classes in step 6 of 6

2. How to add an exist class to class view (VC 6.0)

3. VC++ 6.0 probleme : C2504 base class undefined

4. ATL in VC 6.0 base class undefined error

5. Upgrading VC 6.0 custom appwizard application to VC .NET

6. VC 6.0 : Class View is unusably slow

7. Vc++ 6.0 dll creation to use in Vb 6.0 step by step help needed?

8. Access memo fields from AppWizard CRecordset based classes

9. Stepping into MFC base classes

10. VC++ 6.0 Standard Problem With List Members

11. VC++ 6.0 Appwizard and Windows 200

12. MFC - VC++ 6.0 - AppWizard exe -Dialog