vc++ 6.0 sp5 internal compiler error with /EHa
Author Message
 vc++ 6.0 sp5 internal compiler error with /EHa

Hi,

The following code causes an INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR when compiled with
standard release options + /EHa (enable synchronous exceptions)

class A
{
  public:
    A() : m(3) {}
    A(const A& that) : m(that.m) {}
    ~A() {}

  private:
    int m;

Quote:
};

A x(int r)
{
  throw 4;  // Commenting out this throw statements eliminates
                // the INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
  return A();

Quote:
}

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  return 0;

Quote:
}

The error is:
C:\Buggie\main.cpp(33) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
  (compiler file 'E:\8966\vc98\p2\src\P2\main.c', line 494)

There are some kb articles about this file and line, but they are not
related to this specific problem. Also those problems are fixed in SP5.

Does anyone know more about this bug?

I sent a bug report to Microsoft; can I expect some kind of feedback? Any
experiences?

Patrick

--
Patrick Frants
Senior Software Engineer

www.quintiq.com

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:31:17 GMT
 vc++ 6.0 sp5 internal compiler error with /EHa

Quote:
>The following code causes an INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR when compiled with
>standard release options + /EHa (enable synchronous exceptions)

Patrick,

It appears to compile OK with the VC7 compiler.

Quote:
>I sent a bug report to Microsoft; can I expect some kind of feedback? Any
>experiences?

Dunno, it may depend which method of reporting you've used.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:57:46 GMT
 vc++ 6.0 sp5 internal compiler error with /EHa
How does one go about reporting a bug to Microsoft?  I don't care if I get
feedback, I just want to make them aware of a problem and request that it be
fixed.

Thanks
Mark Gilbert    2002-01-24

Quote:
> >The following code causes an INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR when compiled with
> >standard release options + /EHa (enable synchronous exceptions)

> Patrick,

> It appears to compile OK with the VC7 compiler.

> >I sent a bug report to Microsoft; can I expect some kind of feedback? Any
> >experiences?

> Dunno, it may depend which method of reporting you've used.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:57:51 GMT
 vc++ 6.0 sp5 internal compiler error with /EHa

Quote:
>How does one go about reporting a bug to Microsoft?  I don't care if I get
>feedback, I just want to make them aware of a problem and request that it be
>fixed.

Mark,

If it's fixed in VC7, I think it's probably a known issue and it's
unlikely to get fixed retrospectively in VC6. However, you can try
here:

http://register.microsoft.com/contactus30/contactus.asp?domain=generic

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:22:52 GMT

1. C2011 compiler error in VC++ 6.0 Enterprise SP5

2. C2011 compiler error in VC++ 6.0 Enterprise SP5

3. C2011 compiler error in VC++ 6.0 Enterprise SP5

4. I/O manopulators crashes MS VC++ 6.0 SP5 with INTENAL COMPILER ERROR

5. VC++6.0/SP3 Compiler Error: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

6. C1001 - Internal Compiler Error When Using Templates In VC++ 6.0 SP4

7. VC 5.0 Internal Compiler error

8. VC++6 "Internal compiler error"

9. VC 6.0 gives compiler error for map

10. vc 6.0 compiler errors