TEXT CONSOLE MOUSE EVENTS WIN98 VS WIN2K
Author Message
 TEXT CONSOLE MOUSE EVENTS WIN98 VS WIN2K

WIN32 CONSOLE MOUSE EVENTS WIN98 VS WIN2K
Hi my name is Linda. a C++ programmer working for a
communications company.. I working with some WIN32 console
text mode applications. When a text mode console is
running full screen I notice a problem under Windows 2000
that does not exist under 98.  The mouse quits working and
mouse events are missing under WIN2K but everything works
fine under Win98.  This is a real bummer.  I thought
WINDOWS 2000 was supposed to be superior? Is there any
working around?   By the way switching subjects I found a
bug in the WIN32 interface relating to cursor size and
positioning and this bug does not show up under 98.  So
this is kinda similar to the lost mouse events where it
works ok under 98 but quits under 2000.  I discovered my
own work around.  Is it the same story for mouse events
too?  Any information would be appreciated.

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:59:40 GMT

1. Win2K vs Win98

2. Keyboard hook Win98 vs Win2k

3. Why Mouse Mouse event with every Click event

4. no mouse events in windows 2000 console app

5. Text output to LPT1: win98 vs NT

6. Win98 (Chin) Vs Win98 (Eng)

7. Handling a mouse button event on a static text

8. console application pauses when mouse clicks inside the console

9. HOW TO SEND SIGNAL IN C UNDER WIN98/win2k

10. DAO Win95 vs Win98 vs WinNT

11. Win98 code stops working in Win2K

12. runs on win2k, doesn't on win98