unresolved external symbol
Author Message
 unresolved external symbol

Having lots of trouble trying to compile an ansi-c program in VC++ 5.0 (a
tool unfamiliar to me). The specific error is 'unresolved external symbol',
which I get 37 times.  Knowledgebase article says change Calling Convention to
_fastcall, apparently for another version of C++, can't find anywhere I can do
this.  Can anybody help?  Can VC++ compile ansi code?  Having lots of trouble
here, ready to throw in the towel and become a janitor.

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 unresolved external symbol
It might help if you were a bit more specific.

Sytse.

Quote:

>Having lots of trouble trying to compile an ansi-c program in VC++ 5.0 (a
>tool unfamiliar to me). The specific error is 'unresolved external symbol',
>which I get 37 times.  Knowledgebase article says change Calling Convention
>_fastcall, apparently for another version of C++, can't find anywhere I can
do
>this.  Can anybody help?  Can VC++ compile ansi code?  Having lots of
trouble
>here, ready to throw in the towel and become a janitor.

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 unresolved external symbol
The janitor idea has merit:  much less stress.  However,
programmers generally make more money.  Hmm...

Anyway, try posting a few of the actual error messages as
a next step....

Les

Quote:
> Having lots of trouble trying to compile an ansi-c program in VC++ 5.0 (a
> tool unfamiliar to me). The specific error is 'unresolved external
symbol',
> which I get 37 times.  Knowledgebase article says change Calling
Convention to
> _fastcall, apparently for another version of C++, can't find anywhere I
can do
> this.  Can anybody help?  Can VC++ compile ansi code?  Having lots of
trouble
> here, ready to throw in the towel and become a janitor.

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. wcschr: unresolved external symbol...

2. NOVICE: Unresolved external symbol?

3. unresolved external symbol : why?

4. unresolved external symbol

5. LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

6. PxSQLScript.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class ATL::CTraceCa

7. VC++ 7 Link Error : unresolved external symbol

8. Linking error 2019 unresolved external symbol _main when porting to .NET

9. Linking error 2019 unresolved external symbol _main ...

10. unresolved external symbols

11. Error LNK20001 unresolved external symbol main.

12. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ntohl@4