Open handles for a process
Author Message
 Open handles for a process

Quote:
> Does anyone know what Win 32 api function call to make to determine the
> total number of open handles for an existing process?

Byron,

Assuming we're talking NT here, you can use the NT DDK function
NtQueryInformationProcess() with the ProcessInformationClass
parameter set to ProcessHandleCount. You'll find the relevant
declarations in ntddk.h. Beware though, this function isn't part
of the Win32 API, and not even fully documented in the DDK docs.

Cheers,
Patrik

------
If replying by email, remove the spam protection stuff ".---",
at the end of my return address.

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Open handles for a process

2. how get a process HANDLE from a thread HANDLE

3. Process id from process handle (how to get)?

4. How to obtain Process ID If I have process handle

5. Get a CWnd Handle from Process Handle

6. Process ID from Process Handle

7. Process ID from Process Handle

8. Window handle from process handle?

9. Getting process ID from process handle

10. How to get Process handle from Window handle (or vice versa)

11. Find out the name of a process (process.exe) from a window handle (CWnd)

12. how can i get the process handle