Switching screen resolution in Win-95
Author Message
 Switching screen resolution in Win-95

Hi!
I have tried changing the screen resolution programmatically in a Windows 95
application developed in MSVC++ 6. The screen resolution changes perfectly,
but the taskbar remains visible. In Windows 98, the screen resolution
changes and the taskbar disappears. I'm using this code:

DEVMODE NewScreenSettings;
EnumDisplaySettings(NULL, ENUM_CURRENT_SETTINGS, &NewScreenSettings);
NewScreenSettings.dmPelsWidth = 800;
NewScreenSettings.dmPelsHeight = 600;
NewScreenSettings.dmBitsPerPel = 24;
ChangeDisplaySettings(&NewScreenSettings, CDS_FULLSCREEN)

Does anyone know how to change the screen reolution in Windows -95 and
hiding the taskbar?

All help is appreciated a lot!

Sincerely,
Richard Peterson

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Switching screen resolution in Win-95

Quote:
>I have tried changing the screen resolution programmatically in a Windows 95
>application developed in MSVC++ 6. The screen resolution changes perfectly,
>but the taskbar remains visible. In Windows 98, the screen resolution
>changes and the taskbar disappears.

Richard,

Personally I believe this is a quirk with Win98/2000 and that Win95
was doing the right thing by repositioning the taskbar.

Under Win98 or W2K, if you use Control Panel to set your display to a
lower resolution, then use your code to switch a higher resolution,
does ChangeDisplaySettings leave the taskbar floating in its last
position? Would that be your desired behaviour?

If you need to reproduce that behaviour in Win95, I guess you'd need
to get the taskbar window position, perform the resolution change,
then move the taskbar to its prior coordinates.

Dave

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Switching resolution in Win-95

2. Win 95/95 to Win NT

3. Win NT to Win 95

4. Porting application from Win 95 to Win NT

5. Q: Differences WIN NT / WIN 95 in VC++ 5.0

6. Win NT vs. Win 95

7. Registry - Win 95/Win NT

8. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

9. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

10. Win NT vs Win 95/98

11. Win NT to Win 95

12. Upgrading an 16 Win 3.1 App to Win 95