VC++ and XML, I want to retrieve an XML file from URL
Author Message
 VC++ and XML, I want to retrieve an XML file from URL

I have VC++ 6.0, NT 4.0 Workstation, IE 5 and the MS XML parser.

 I have two questions.

1) What syntax can I use from VC++ to go to a given URL, pass 3 parameters to it  and retrieve an
XML data file. I am assuming that the URL is not changing.

2) To make it simple, in VC++ I want to write that data file I retrieved to an ascii file.

Please be specific in how to do this. Assume that the URL is www.seldin.com/xmlinfo.xml
So that the call might be something like this:

        www.seldin.com/xmlinfo.xml, parm1, parm2, parm3

PLease include a complete small program with appropriate "include files". Also, can I use the MFC
application wizard to create my shell program?

Thanks for your help.

PS. What would be the best newsgroup for XML with VC++?

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ and XML, I want to retrieve an XML file from a URL

2. creating xml schema programmatically from an an xml file without using ADO.NET

3. how to retrieve records from an XML file

4. Retrieving data from a XML file on the web

5. how to retrieve records from an XML file?

6. Wanted-- Sample XSLT for XML Comments File (please)

7. hwo to convert value which get from xml to type which get from xml also

8. XML DOM and .NET's XML classes

9. XML.NET to XML.ADO26

10. Display XML in DataGrid from a URL

11. retrieve XML data from SQL server by using XSD mapping schema

12. Retrieving elements from xml documents