Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab
Author Message
 Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab

Quote:

> I am creating an MFC application with the AppWizard using version 4.0. If I
> add a putton or other control to a dialog box I am expecting to see the
> control ID on the ClassWizard Member Variable Tab where I should be able to
> then add a variable. Nothing appears except for IDOK and IDCANCEL generated
> by the AppWizard. Can anyone help - this is day two of learning Visual C++
> and this one is driving me up the wall.

Sounds like a well-known (to newsgroup readers) BUG related to language
settings.  Dialogs have a language setting that must match your OS
language setting for class wizard to do wizardly things.  I believe you
can find this language setting by right clicking on the dialog ID in the
resources list in the project window.

Thu, 07 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab

I am creating an MFC application with the AppWizard using version 4.0. If I
add a putton or other control to a dialog box I am expecting to see the
control ID on the ClassWizard Member Variable Tab where I should be able to
then add a variable. Nothing appears except for IDOK and IDCANCEL generated
by the AppWizard. Can anyone help - this is day two of learning Visual C++
and this one is driving me up the wall.

Thu, 07 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab

--------------5FDB38AC55AA

Below is a brief explanation and a pointer to the actual KB article
(that others have referred to)

--------------5FDB38AC55AA

Do you by chance have something other then US ENGLISH selected as your
language in the control panel?  If you do then this is the problem,
what you need to do is go to the resource tab, and right click on the
ID for the dialog.  Select the INSERT COPY menu item and in the dialog
that comes up selet the language that matches what you have selected in
the control panel.

This problem is discussed in the KnowledgeBase
(http://www.microsoft.com/kb) in article Q145997 titled "PRB: Resource
Language Must Match the Current System Language"

--------------5FDB38AC55AA--

Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab

In VC++ 5.0 this setting can be changed in:
Project->Setting
Select the Resource Tab.

I believe this sets the language for all resources in the project.  I don't
have an active copy, but I think this setting exists in v4.0 also.

Chris Price

Quote:

>> I am creating an MFC application with the AppWizard using version 4.0.
If I
>> add a putton or other control to a dialog box I am expecting to see the
>> control ID on the ClassWizard Member Variable Tab where I should be able
>> then add a variable. Nothing appears except for IDOK and IDCANCEL
generated
>> by the AppWizard. Can anyone help - this is day two of learning Visual
C++
>> and this one is driving me up the wall.

>Sounds like a well-known (to newsgroup readers) BUG related to language
>settings.  Dialogs have a language setting that must match your OS
>language setting for class wizard to do wizardly things.  I believe you
>can find this language setting by right clicking on the dialog ID in the
>resources list in the project window.

Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab

I had the exact same prob, and thankfully someone online was kind
enough to help!

Your win 95 control panel settings (under region) have to be set to US
English.(mine was set to Canadian Eng)
Just switch it over, reboot and everything works!

Solon

Quote:
>I am creating an MFC application with the AppWizard using version 4.0. If I
>add a putton or other control to a dialog box I am expecting to see the
>control ID on the ClassWizard Member Variable Tab where I should be able to
>then add a variable. Nothing appears except for IDOK and IDCANCEL generated
>by the AppWizard. Can anyone help - this is day two of learning Visual C++
>and this one is driving me up the wall.

Sat, 09 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Radio Control, ID not in ClassWizard member variabls Tab

2. class view dosen't shows member variable's and functions defined with macros

3. class view dosen't shows member variable's defined with macros

4. Member variables not shown in classwizard !

5. IntelliSense (members List) does not show ADO pointer members

6. Tab key to tab between controls does not work properly

7. Article: Implementing drag 'n drop tab sorting in a tab control

8. Icon made in resource editor won't show drawing in Alt-Tab window

9. UserControl does not show on running form and properies do not show

10. AutoComplete doesn't show all MFC class members

11. member list won't show up!

12. NEWBIE: Initialization of member variables