How to start my application only one time
Author Message
 How to start my application only one time

I have a VC++ application, it minimize to the taskbar when
it is running. I don't know how to ensure that this
application is started only one time. If the user starts
it second time, can I just open the current application?

If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thank you very much!

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 06:43:00 GMT
 How to start my application only one time
James,

Usually you check for named mutex that your application creates in case
another instance is not detected.

Take a look at these examples:
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/singletonapp.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/csingleinst.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/single_instance_checker.asp

--
Regards,
  Kobi Ben Tzvi

Quote:
> I have a VC++ application, it minimize to the taskbar when
> it is running. I don't know how to ensure that this
> application is started only one time. If the user starts
> it second time, can I just open the current application?

> If you have any idea, please let me know.

> Thank you very much!

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:35:24 GMT

1. Q:Don't start an application a second time

2. how to insure only one instance of an application is run at same time

3. Start selection dialog before the application starts ...

4. See One more time if some one can help

5. More than one lex/yacc parsers in one application

6. Starting application from my application

7. How to Modify a Commercial Windows Application to Start an other Application

8. start application within an application

9. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC

10. Windows Service not starting with 1053 error - one of possible causes - solution

11. Let's get Erik started on one of his diatribes

12. Program only starts(enters main) on one computer.