VC6: Help with F1 Help, please
Author Message
 VC6: Help with F1 Help, please

Hello,

Is there any way to coerce F1 help to work similarly to the
way it worked in the past (on VC++5, etc.)?  The main functionality
I'm interested in is selecting a keyword or library function in
the editor and hitting F1 to see its description.

MSDN just can't seem to limit the things it finds to a reasonable
set.

Vic Scherer

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC6: Help with F1 Help, please

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VC6: Help with F1 Help, please
Vic,

I couldn't get that to work.  Several people complained about this behaviour
during the beta test.  What I typically do now is just mark the word, right
click, pick copy, start the help index, paste the copy of the keyword, and
get the list.

FWIW, the ability that VC6 has to tell one methods for objects saves me a
lot of time using help.  I used help a lot to look up things like functions
of CFileDialog, etc.

Tom

Hello,

Is there any way to coerce F1 help to work similarly to the
way it worked in the past (on VC++5, etc.)?  The main functionality
I'm interested in is selecting a keyword or library function in
the editor and hitting F1 to see its description.

MSDN just can't seem to limit the things it finds to a reasonable
set.

Vic Scherer

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

2. ActiveX error using F1 (help) in VC6 IDE

4. Dell hell ( F1 F1 please)

5. F1 help and context sensitive help with ?

6. Problems with adding F1-Help HELP

7. F1...F1....F1.....

8. F1...F1....F1.....

9. F1...F1....F1.....

10. VC6 ADO #Include HELP Please!!!

11. PLEASE HELP! Databas examples in VC6

12. PLEASE HELP - ODBC Excel MFC/VC6 Problem