slightly OT: need help finding info on quering printers for info
Author Message
 slightly OT: need help finding info on quering printers for info

I am not sure where to ask this question, so if there is a better place,
I apologize, and please let me know.

I want to be able to Query a plotter or printer for specific bits of
info, beyond the abilities of GetDeviceCaps.
HP has a niffty freeware program, Web Jet direct that does all the thing
I'm looking for: status, paper size/type, ect.
Obviously this can be done programmatically, but how?  Is there a
library to allow me to do this in my own app in Visual C?
Or do you know where I might find info on this subject, possibly another
newsgroup?

Thank you.

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:56:17 GMT
 slightly OT: need help finding info on quering printers for info
See "Printing and Print Spooler" at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_62ia.asp

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I am not sure where to ask this question, so if there is a better
place,
> I apologize, and please let me know.

> I want to be able to Query a plotter or printer for specific bits of
> info, beyond the abilities of GetDeviceCaps.
> HP has a niffty freeware program, Web Jet direct that does all the
thing
> I'm looking for: status, paper size/type, ect.
> Obviously this can be done programmatically, but how?  Is there a
> library to allow me to do this in my own app in Visual C?
> Or do you know where I might find info on this subject, possibly
another
> newsgroup?

> Thank you.

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:03:19 GMT
 slightly OT: need help finding info on quering printers for info
Wow thats great... much easier than I thought, didn't figure MS would have
it all there for me...
Any suggestions if I wanted to go further with ink and paper levels?
Quote:

> See "Printing and Print Spooler" at

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_62ia.asp

> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > I am not sure where to ask this question, so if there is a better
> place,
> > I apologize, and please let me know.

> > I want to be able to Query a plotter or printer for specific bits of
> > info, beyond the abilities of GetDeviceCaps.
> > HP has a niffty freeware program, Web Jet direct that does all the
> thing
> > I'm looking for: status, paper size/type, ect.
> > Obviously this can be done programmatically, but how?  Is there a
> > library to allow me to do this in my own app in Visual C?
> > Or do you know where I might find info on this subject, possibly
> another
> > newsgroup?

> > Thank you.

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:33:00 GMT
 slightly OT: need help finding info on quering printers for info
Never did that myself. Try "Bidi Communication Support" at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_2c1g.asp

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Wow thats great... much easier than I thought, didn't figure MS would
have
> it all there for me...
> Any suggestions if I wanted to go further with ink and paper levels?

> > See "Printing and Print Spooler" at

> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_62ia.asp

> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
neat,
> > and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > > I am not sure where to ask this question, so if there is a better
> > place,
> > > I apologize, and please let me know.

> > > I want to be able to Query a plotter or printer for specific bits
of
> > > info, beyond the abilities of GetDeviceCaps.
> > > HP has a niffty freeware program, Web Jet direct that does all the
> > thing
> > > I'm looking for: status, paper size/type, ect.
> > > Obviously this can be done programmatically, but how?  Is there a
> > > library to allow me to do this in my own app in Visual C?
> > > Or do you know where I might find info on this subject, possibly
> > another
> > > newsgroup?

> > > Thank you.

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:57:15 GMT

1. Need help finding crypt info under VC++ 5

2. Info Needed for plotting on laser printers

3. Need info from printer (newbie)

4. Help / Info required - customising program or finding Hawk Island Software

5. I need help displaying info from a structured character array

6. HELP - Need info on how to do a linked list in normal C

7. Help - need info on smalloc

8. HELP I NEED INFO FAST...

9. Help!!Need info on teen depress research

10. HELP!: FINAL PROJECT - need C Reference Libray info....

11. Help- Need info on C debugging tools.

12. Helps need on adding debug info to release mode so to debug release code