Resource editor "cannot add new member"
Author Message
 Resource editor "cannot add new member"

I have a MSVC 6.0 MFC MDI project that was generated by the AppWizard,
that I "cloned" (That is, I created new project, cut and paste the
source projects files into the new project, etc.)  After a fair amount
of editing I got it to compile and run just fine.

However, when I go into the resource editor's Dialog Box Editor, and I
double-click on a edit control, like a text box, I get the message
"cannot add new member".  What did I break that I need to fix to get rid
of that error message?

Thanks.

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 02:46:51 GMT
 Resource editor "cannot add new member"
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:46:51 -0600, Walter Schultz

Quote:

>I have a MSVC 6.0 MFC MDI project that was generated by the AppWizard,
>that I "cloned" (That is, I created new project, cut and paste the
>source projects files into the new project, etc.)  After a fair amount
>of editing I got it to compile and run just fine.

>However, when I go into the resource editor's Dialog Box Editor, and I
>double-click on a edit control, like a text box, I get the message
>"cannot add new member".  What did I break that I need to fix to get rid
>of that error message?

Read-only source files ?  Go into class wizard and add a member from
there, if the button is greyed-out, then they're read-only :)

If it's not that, then you've messed-up with copying/pasting and
you've not changed the class definitions in comments around the bits
where the wizard uses.

HTH,

Jimbo

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 04:29:33 GMT

1. evc++:PPC2002: "Cannot add new member"

2. IDE Error Messsage: "cannot add new member"

3. Cannot add new member? (Class Wizard not available)

4. cannot add new member

5. Cannot add new resource font at Windows 3.1

6. Problem getting "memory cannot be read"

7. MSDNMessageService "Cannot deserialize object"

8. REQ: "Intelligent Editor " for UNIX

9. Error "Cannot Load ActiveX component"

10. "Memory cannot be read"?

11. Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?

12. ERROR: memory cannot be "read"