Subclassing Problem with Unicode Windows
Author Message
 Subclassing Problem with Unicode Windows

-All,

I've used CallWindowProc for sublcassing in my active X
control window. Control works fine in any normal window
application but when used with web page in Internet
Explorer 6.0. It gives an exception.

I guess it is due to Unicode to Ansi conversion problem.
When my control subclass the window, it subclass the IE
window (Unicode). You can say- it is subclassing Unicode
window with non-unicode window procedure.

But Microsoft Documents says -
"Windows NT/2000/XP:The CallWindowProc function handles
Unicode-to-ANSI conversion." I think this is not true and
is a bug in IE. Any comments..?

Btw: This is ATL COM component and environment is VC6 with
SP5.0 on W2k, IE 6.0

Anand

Mon, 23 May 2005 07:06:34 GMT

1. Q: subclassing problem, with hook and windows messages

2. Subclassing Windows

3. Subclassing Windows class in MFC

4. Subclassing Windows

5. Q: subclassing windows in other application

6. Subclassing windows

7. Help:ACIVEX controls- subclassing Windows Control

8. Subclassing MFC windows

9. Subclassing System.Windows.Forms.ListBox

10. Windows Programming with C# and Unicode

11. Windows Mellenium and UNICODE

12. Migrating legacy Windows application to support unicode