Class Wizard - Missing Control ID's
Author Message
 Class Wizard - Missing Control ID's

I have installed Visual C++ 4.0 on Windows 95 and the class wizard does
not seem to function properly. After adding a control to a dialog form,
the control ID fails to appear under the member variables tab on the
class wizard. I have searched the newsgroup and related FAQ's but can
find no reference to a similar problem. It works fine (as you might
expect) under NT. Can anyone help ?

Thank You
Nick Goodland

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard - Missing Control ID's

Quote:
>I have installed Visual C++ 4.0 on Windows 95 and the class wizard does
>not seem to function properly. After adding a control to a dialog form,
>the control ID fails to appear under the member variables tab on the
>class wizard.

Nick,

This is a common quirk with VC4.

The usual cause of this problem is that the language of the dialog
resource doesn't match that of your operating system. If you select
the dialog in the tree view, bring up its properties and change the
language to match your configuration it should work.

The problem is noted in Knowledge Base article Q145997 "PRB: Resource
Language Must Match the Current System Language".

Dave
----

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSVC4 Class Wizard and Dialog Object ID's query

2. Class wizard loses resource id's!

3. Class Wizard won't let me derive a class from my class

4. Class Wizard and Menu ID

5. Inability to specify Resource ID from Class Wizard

6. Fail to find Dialog ID in Class Wizard

7. NewbieQ: Strange ID in Class Wizard, VC5

8. Class Wizard Cformview IDs

9. Class Wizard won't add classes for dialogs

10. Dialog Control IDs Missing

11. Class Wizard doesn't find classes?

12. class wizard doesn't show my class