ActiveX
Author Message
 ActiveX

All,

I am trying to create an ActiveX add in for SourceSafe. I have included the
DLL with an import statement in my header file :

#import "c:\program files\Microsoft visual
studio\common\vss\win32\ssapi.dll" no_namespace

According to the SourceSafe documentation.. "Launch SourceSafe. SourceSafe
will create an instance of your add-in and call its Init method. The init
method of your add-in is passed a VSSApp object, which establishes the
communication link between it and SourceSafe." Ok, that's great, but how do
I catch that object? The last thing I have tried, that seems to be heading
in the direction I need is :

VSSApp VSSEvent;

and the error message I get is:

C:\C++\VSSAddin\VSSAddIn.cpp(36) : error C2079: 'VSSEvent' uses undefined
struct 'VSSApp'

So I am guessing that at least it knows that it is a struct of some sort. I
used VB's Object Viewer to look at the DLL I imported above. It looks like
this :

VSSApp

Members of VSSApp
AfterAdd
AfterBranch
AfterCheckin
AfterCheckout
AfterEvent
AfterRename
AfterUndoCheckout
BeforeAdd
BeforeBranch
BeforeCheckin
BeforeCheckout
BeforeEvent
BeforeRename
BeforeUndoCheckout
BeginCommand
EndCommand
VSSDatabase

I'm guessing these are methods? If I highlight AfterAdd for instance I see
this :
Event AfterAdd(pIItem As VSSItem, Local As String, Comment As String)

I'm guessing that I would have to add message handlers for those methods?
But so far I have no idea how to catch the object or where to add the
message handlers. If there is a patient soul out there that can lend a hand
I would greatly appreciate it.
--
Tony Harmon
KC,MO

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX...ActiveX...GreenTree DataList...ActiveX

2. ActiveX control inside another activex control

3. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

4. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

5. ActiveX inside ActiveX

6. add Activex control to Activex container daynamically

7. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

8. Can an ActiveX call to another ActiveX?

9. Can an ActiveX to call to another ActiveX?

10. Can an ActiveX call to another ActiveX?

11. Create an ActiveX from inside another ActiveX

12. ActiveX C++ using ActiveX VB