Doing arithmetic with very large numbers
Author Message
 Doing arithmetic with very large numbers

Does anyone know of some facility within vc, or some add-in, that
will enable me to do arithmetic with very large numbers (bigger than can be
handled by double)?

With thanks,

Gerry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:04:10 GMT
 Doing arithmetic with very large numbers

Quote:
> Does anyone know of some facility within vc, or some add-in, that
> will enable me to do arithmetic with very large numbers (bigger than can
be
> handled by double)?

A few years ago while adding strong cryptography to an application, I used a
library called CryptoLib form ATT (now Lucent) that could handle integers
with thousands of bits. I don't know if it is sill available. I just did a
search for "large integer arithmetic" (without the quotes) on Google and got
lots of links to libraries.

Regards,
Will

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:06:02 GMT
 Doing arithmetic with very large numbers
Thanks very much for the tip. I'll follow that up.

Gerry

Quote:

> > Does anyone know of some facility within vc, or some add-in, that
> > will enable me to do arithmetic with very large numbers (bigger than can
> be
> > handled by double)?

> A few years ago while adding strong cryptography to an application, I used
> library called CryptoLib form ATT (now Lucent) that could handle integers
> with thousands of bits. I don't know if it is sill available. I just did a
> search for "large integer arithmetic" (without the quotes) on Google and
got
> lots of links to libraries.

> Regards,
> Will

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 07:43:00 GMT
 Doing arithmetic with very large numbers

Quote:
> Does anyone know of some facility within vc, or some add-in, that
> will enable me to do arithmetic with very large numbers (bigger than can
be
> handled by double)?

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/largenumber.asp may be of use to you.
Quote:
> With thanks,

> Gerry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:37:27 GMT
 Doing arithmetic with very large numbers
Also try Dr. Victor Shoup's NTL at www.shoup.net/ntl

The routines must be compiled into a static lib first on the
Win32 platform.

| Does anyone know of some facility within vc, or some
add-in, that
| will enable me to do arithmetic with very large numbers
(bigger than can be
| handled by double)?
|
| With thanks,
|
| Gerry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:45:19 GMT
 Doing arithmetic with very large numbers
Thanks very much for further suggestions from Mark and Jeffrey.

Gerry

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:54:53 GMT

1. Large Number Arithmetic

2. Wanted: an arithmetic package for large integers

3. large integer arithmetic

4. emulating large registers and doing quick shifts

5. Eval of doing large project in VB or MFC

6. Two-part number arithmetic

7. code to convert strings with arithmetic to number

8. Summary: Big Number Arithmetic sources??

9. Big Number Arithmetic sources??

10. Problem with large numbers

11. large number of draggable elements in a control (optimized etc)

12. Dealing with large numbers