disable floating toolbar close button
Author Message
 disable floating toolbar close button

I am trying to disable the close button for a floating
toolbar window.  I decided to create my own toolbar class
derived from the CToolBar base class and capture the
SC_CLOSE message nID in the ON_WM_SYS_COMMAND message
handler by disregarding it.  However, it doesn't seem to
work.  I'm guessing that it is still handling the message
in the base CToolBar class.  Any ideas on how to do this
would be much appreciated.

David

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:30:08 GMT
 disable floating toolbar close button
A floating toolbar sits inside CMiniFrameWnd window. It is this window
that gets WM_SYSCOMMAND messages. An instance of this class is created
in CFrameWnd::FloatControlBar. Unfortunately, the method is not virtual
so you cannot substitute your own floating frame. Maybe you can subclass
your parent window.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I am trying to disable the close button for a floating
> toolbar window.  I decided to create my own toolbar class
> derived from the CToolBar base class and capture the
> SC_CLOSE message nID in the ON_WM_SYS_COMMAND message
> handler by disregarding it.  However, it doesn't seem to
> work.  I'm guessing that it is still handling the message
> in the base CToolBar class.  Any ideas on how to do this
> would be much appreciated.

> David

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:23:50 GMT

1. Hiding or disabling close button (X) in floating toolbar

2. Close button on floating toolbar

3. Disable close button for CToolBar toolbar

4. How do I disable the Close button on a floating toolbar?

5. How to stop floating toolbar from being closed ?

6. Get the close message from a float toolbar

7. Floating ToolBar close event

8. Prevent a user from closing a floating toolbar.

9. HOW TO DISABLE THE CLOSE[X] button

10. How to disable Close button in Service Control

11. How to disable Close button in a window?

12. Disable Close Button on Print Preview