Property Sheets and Tab Control
Author Message
 Property Sheets and Tab Control

I've been trying to figure out how to use Property Sheets and Tab Control in
order to have a "tab style interface."  I've been able to do it so far but
only with dialog window.  I'm trying to figure out how to switch back and
forth between other windows.  For instance switching between text windows or
windows that display web sites.  Am I using the right method?  If not, what
is better?

Thanks,
Chris

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:52:55 GMT
 Property Sheets and Tab Control
I've been trying to figure out how to use Property Sheets and Tab Control in
order to have a "tab style interface."  I've been able to do it so far but
only with dialog windows.  I'm trying to figure out how to switch back and
forth between other windows.  For instance switching between text windows,
CView, or
windows that display web sites, CHtmlView.  Am I using the right method?  If
not, what
is better?

Thanks,
Chris

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:53:38 GMT
 Property Sheets and Tab Control

Quote:

> I've been trying to figure out how to use Property Sheets and Tab Control in
> order to have a "tab style interface."  I've been able to do it so far but
> only with dialog windows.  I'm trying to figure out how to switch back and
> forth between other windows.  For instance switching between text windows,
> CView, or
> windows that display web sites, CHtmlView.  Am I using the right method?  If
> not, what
> is better?

> Thanks,
> Chris

Your question is not clear.  You haven't described the desired
appearance.

Quote:
> Am I using the right method?

   What method are you using?

Quote:
> switch back and forth between other windows...

   Do you mean "other windows" on the tabs or "other windows"
   as in other dialogs, other MDI windows, ... ?

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:49:45 GMT
 Property Sheets and Tab Control
Sorry, I mean are property sheets or tab ctrl the right way of doing what I
want.  And when  I say change between other windows I mean I want it to be
like a common mp3 sharing programs, like napster or morpheus, where one
button takes you to the start page, another to the download page, another to
the search page and so on and its all withing the same window.  In mine I'd
like to switch between a View class that displays websites, CHtmlView, and
go to a a view like CFormView or any other view.  So far using property
sheets or tabctrl I've had to use dialog windows and then design them in the
resource editor.  So how do I get beyond dialog windows so that I can do
what I would like?  Is there a way I can just link certain butons on the
toolbar to the view class I need and SHOW and HIDE the views I want?

Thanks,
Chris

Quote:

> > I've been trying to figure out how to use Property Sheets and Tab
Control in
> > order to have a "tab style interface."  I've been able to do it so far
but
> > only with dialog windows.  I'm trying to figure out how to switch back
and
> > forth between other windows.  For instance switching between text
windows,
> > CView, or
> > windows that display web sites, CHtmlView.  Am I using the right method?
If
> > not, what
> > is better?

> > Thanks,
> > Chris

> Your question is not clear.  You haven't described the desired
> appearance.

> > Am I using the right method?
>    What method are you using?

> > switch back and forth between other windows...
>    Do you mean "other windows" on the tabs or "other windows"
>    as in other dialogs, other MDI windows, ... ?

> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:21:21 GMT

1. Property Sheets and Tab Control

2. Tab Control and Property Sheet

3. Tab control VS. Property sheet

4. Tab and property sheets control...

5. Property sheet with no tab control?

6. Property Sheet Tab Control and TCS_VERTICAL Style

7. Subclass tab control in property sheet?

8. Tab Controls and Property Sheets

9. Tab Control or Property Sheet?

10. Property Sheets v/s Tabbed Control

11. TAB Controls or Property SHeet/Pages?

12. moving tab control in a property sheet