Help - Release on a COM Service gives access violation!
Author Message
 Help - Release on a COM Service gives access violation!

I've used Release on a COM service and it gives access violation (GPF).
When I use it on the exe operating as a simple win32 application and not a
service, it works fine.
And it's not from non even AddRef vs. Release - I have only one of each and
it shouldn't have given access violation anyway...

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - Release on a COM Service gives access violation!
You can debug the service if you like:   Use the
/Debug /Attach to process option on the Developer Studio
menu.  Then, choose /File /Open, and open one of your
service's source files.  Place a breakpoint and then do something
that you know will cause the breakpoint to be hit.

Finally, set up the service process to trap access violations (see
/Debug/Exceptions
on the menu).  You can then look up the stack and usually get a
pretty good idea what's going on...

Les

Quote:
> I've used Release on a COM service and it gives access violation (GPF).
> When I use it on the exe operating as a simple win32 application and not a
> service, it works fine.
> And it's not from non even AddRef vs. Release - I have only one of each
and
> it shouldn't have given access violation anyway...

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Return from function giving access violation!

2. Please help: why gives me an Access Violation

3. Please help: why gives me an Access Violation

4. Help: Return from function giving access violation!

5. Please help: why gives me an Access Violation

6. HELP!! Access violation in Release List View

7. malloc gives access violation exception

8. C++, ADO, Threads give Access Violation?

9. Splitter Windows Make FrameWnd::OnClose give Access Violation

10. Registry calls give ACCESS VIOLATION

11. ShellExecute gives access violation?

12. Access violation in _QIThunk::Release