CListCtrl difference InsertItem() and SetItemText(0,...)
Author Message
 CListCtrl difference InsertItem() and SetItemText(0,...)

If I insert an item in a CListCtrl with

iItem = InsertItem(....,"yyyy");

and afterwards

SetItemText(iItem,0,"xxxx");

The text "yyyy" which appears after the InsertItem statement in
the first column is overwritten with "xxxx".
That means this field contents is editable with TWO different functions.

Am I right or what's the difference between these two types of filling
the first column of a item ?

Bye
Monica

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CListCtrl difference InsertItem() and SetItemText(0,...)

Quote:

> If I insert an item in a CListCtrl with

> iItem = InsertItem(....,"yyyy");

> and afterwards

> SetItemText(iItem,0,"xxxx");

> The text "yyyy" which appears after the InsertItem statement in
> the first column is overwritten with "xxxx".
> That means this field contents is editable with TWO different functions.

> Am I right or what's the difference between these two types of filling
> the first column of a item ?

> Bye
> Monica

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

InsertItem must be called first to add a new item, and then follow by
calling SetItemText to add subitems (if any)  or change item text.

Before an item become available( before calling InsertItem ), u can't call
SetItemText to that item.

Eric

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CListCtrl difference InsertItem() and SetItemText(0,...)

2. difference between InsertItem() and SetItemText()

3. CListCtrl::SetItemText( ) problem

4. probelm with CListCtrl::SetItemText

5. When CListCtrl::SetItemText will not set the text

6. CListCtrl and SetItemText

7. Need help with CListCtrl.SetItemText()

8. CListCtrl.SetItemText()

9. When CListCtrl::SetItemText will not set the text

10. CListCtrl::insertitem problems ...

11. CListCtrl InsertItem fails

12. Error for Getitem and insertitem in CListCtrl