How to integrate dll files into EXE file?
Author Message
 How to integrate dll files into EXE file?

Quote:

> My application is using WTS functions to get some information on
> Terminal Server. When trying to run my application on a user PC, the
> system complains for missing a bunch of dll files. Is it possible to
> link any necessary dll files into my EXE file so that there is no need
> to install dll files on each PC?

No.

The only way is to dynamically access the WTS DLLs:

- LoadLibrary
- GetProcAddress

--
Greetings
  Jochen

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:31:46 GMT
 How to integrate dll files into EXE file?
Hi,

My application is using WTS functions to get some information on Terminal
Server. When trying to run my application on a user PC, the system complains
for missing a bunch of dll files. Is it possible to link any necessary dll
files into my EXE file so that there is no need to install dll files on each
PC?

Regards,

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:27:23 GMT
 How to integrate dll files into EXE file?
You can use them as delay-loaded DLLs - see /DELAYLOAD linker option.
This means that the DLL is only loaded the first time you call a
function from it. So, if at the start of your program you determine the
OS version and avoid calling any unsupported APIs, the DLLs are never
loaded and need not be present.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,

> My application is using WTS functions to get some information on
Terminal
> Server. When trying to run my application on a user PC, the system
complains
> for missing a bunch of dll files. Is it possible to link any necessary
dll
> files into my EXE file so that there is no need to install dll files
on each
> PC?

> Regards,

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:39:38 GMT

1. Creating a .exe file that adds the dll code needed into the exe

2. Creating a .exe file that adds the dll code needed into the exe

3. Include dlls into one exe or dll files?

4. How to integrate 1 DLL, 2 EXE's and 2 LIB's

5. How to integrate 1 DLL, 2 EXE's and 2 LIB's

6. Help with executing a dll from an exe file

7. Differences between DLL/EXE/SLN files.

8. DLL Error - File is linked to missing export BSPTEST.EXE:_EdrCenterTextA@12

9. View resouces in a .EXE or .DLL file

10. EXE file name from DLL

11. Changing a resource in a DLL/EXE file

12. Changing a resource in a DLL/EXE file