MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)
Author Message
 MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)

Hi;

I used to know how to do this many years ago but can't remember. I
need to have the equivilent of MDI windows inside a MDI window.

Basically a given document in my app really needs to show a single
document in multiple windows. So I want inside my CView derived
window, multiple MDI-like windows where they are child windows (stay
in the CView window) but can be dragged around and selected.

The menu is not a problem and doesn't need to change. All I need is
the Windows inside Windows.

Anyone know how to do this?

thanks

- David Thielen
Enemy Nations -- http://www.*-*-*.com/
me -- http://www.*-*-*.com/
My latest book -- "The 12 Simple Secrets of Microsoft Management"

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)
This never showed up on my newsserver so I'm posting again...

Hi;

I used to know how to do this many years ago but can't remember. I
need to have the equivilent of MDI windows inside a MDI window.

Basically a given document in my app really needs to show a single
document in multiple windows. So I want inside my CView derived
window, multiple MDI-like windows where they are child windows (stay
in the CView window) but can be dragged around and selected.

The menu is not a problem and doesn't need to change. All I need is
the Windows inside Windows.

Anyone know how to do this?

thanks

- David Thielen
Enemy Nations -- http://www.windward.net
me -- http://www.thielen.com
My latest book -- "The 12 Simple Secrets of Microsoft Management"

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)

2. MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)

3. MDI inside an MDI window (preferably via MFC)

4. MFC MDI Multiple Views in Separate MDI Child Windows

5. MDI inside MDI -

6. MDI inside MDI..

7. MDI Windows inside a Window

8. MDI windows inside a splitter's pane

9. creating a dockable child inside a MDI window ??!!?!?

10. Floating window in MFC MDI app - how?

11. Stop MFC MDI from opening initial window

12. MFC MDI Multi-Window Startup