How to lanuch control panel applets?
Author Message
 How to lanuch control panel applets?

Hi, all:

I've tried to lanuch a control panel applet by
    1) Load the DLL (*.CPL)
    2) Get the CPlApplet() function's address
    3) Call CPlApplet

The prototype of CPlApplet() is:

typedef LONG (APIENTRY *APPLET_PROC)(HWND hwndCpl, UINT msg, LONG lParam1,
LONG lParam2);

The problem is: how should I call/use CPlApplet() function? I've tried to
pass parameters like this:

        APPLET_PROC cplAppletFunc = (APPLET_PROC)GetProcAddress(...)

        if (cplAppletFunc)
        {
                cplAppletFunc(
                        GetSafeHwnd(),
                        WM_CPL_LAUNCH,
                        (LONG)GetSafeHwnd(),
                        (LONG)appletName
                        );

But failed.

--
Zi-Wei Chiou
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering,

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to lanuch control panel applets?

Quote:
>I've tried to lanuch a control panel applet by...

Have you seen Knowledge Base article Q135068 "HOWTO: Start a Control
Panel Applet in Windows 95, 98, or WinNT"?

Dave
----

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting Text of Edit Control in Dialog Box of Control Panel Applet

2. Simple: Control Panel Applet with C#?

3. How to debug control panel applet?

4. debugging a control panel applet?

5. Debugging Control Panel Applets

6. Control Panel Applet & DialogBox

7. SendMessage vs. Control Panel Applet

8. how to set focus to control panel applet if instance already exists

9. Odd Control Panel Applet failures

10. Control Panel Applet

11. Control Panel Applet Help

12. Control panel applet C source