Eliminating MSVCIRT.DLL - Shared DLL version of "the old iostream functions"
Author Message
 Eliminating MSVCIRT.DLL - Shared DLL version of "the old iostream functions"

Hi,

I use "include fstream.h" in my MFC program to allow writing to ostream and
ofstream objects. This results in a dependency on MSVCIRT.DLL

The DLL redistribution file from Microsoft (Dev Studio CD #1) has this to
say about that DLL:

"msvcirt.dll - Shared DLL version of the old iostream functions".

I would like to eliminate this dependency, and I  am curious about this
wording "the old iostream functions".

Is there some alternate class that I can use ("new" iostream functions ?)
perhaps that is already in MFC42 or another DLL that I need for many other
things?

Thanks.

----
Exposed functions of MSVCIRT.DLL (thanks to depends):

ofstream::ofstream(void)
ios::~ios(void)
ofstream::~ofstream(void)
class ostream & ostream::operator<<(int)
class ostream & ostream::operator<<(class ios & (*)(class ios &))
class ostream & ostream::operator<<(char const *)
void ofstream::`vbase destructor'(void)
void ofstream::attach(int)
void ofstream::close(void)
class ios & dec(class ios &)
class ostream & endl(class ostream &)
class ios & hex(class ios &)
void ofstream::open(char const *,int,int)
int const  filebuf::openprot

--

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Eliminating MSVCIRT.DLL - Shared DLL version of "the old iostream functions"

Quote:
> Hi,

> I use "include fstream.h" in my MFC program to allow writing to
ostream and
> ofstream objects. This results in a dependency on MSVCIRT.DLL

> The DLL redistribution file from Microsoft (Dev Studio CD #1) has
this to
> say about that DLL:

> "msvcirt.dll - Shared DLL version of the old iostream functions".

> I would like to eliminate this dependency, and I  am curious about
this
> wording "the old iostream functions".

> Is there some alternate class that I can use ("new" iostream
functions ?)
> perhaps that is already in MFC42 or another DLL that I need for many
other
> things?

> Thanks.

> ----
> Exposed functions of MSVCIRT.DLL (thanks to depends):

> ofstream::ofstream(void)
> ios::~ios(void)
> ofstream::~ofstream(void)
> class ostream & ostream::operator<<(int)
> class ostream & ostream::operator<<(class ios & (*)(class ios &))
> class ostream & ostream::operator<<(char const *)
> void ofstream::`vbase destructor'(void)
> void ofstream::attach(int)
> void ofstream::close(void)
> class ios & dec(class ios &)
> class ostream & endl(class ostream &)
> class ios & hex(class ios &)
> void ofstream::open(char const *,int,int)
> int const  filebuf::openprot

> --

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eliminating MSVCIRT.DLL - Shared DLL version of "the old iostream functions"

2. Deployment question!! msvcirt.dll/msvcirtd.dll

3. Create ocx in Dll(regular Dll using shared MFC Dll)

4. Create ocx in Dll(Regular Dll using Shared MFC Dll)

5. Create ocx in Dll(Regular Dll using Shared MFC Dll)

6. DLLs in VC++ Older Version

7. how to support older mfc42.dll versions

8. Version conflict with old DLL?

9. Migration from old iostream to Standard iostream

10. Can msvcirt.dll be given to the client ?

11. how to find msvcirt.dll dependency

12. MSVCIRT.DLL