Virtual Memory
Author Message
 Virtual Memory

Hi,

We're working with a service made in Visual C, running in
Win 2000 professional.
The process starts with an amount of conventional memory
and virtual memory.
The conventional memory used by the process increases and
diminishes during its execution, but the virtual memory
increases constantly.

We had  problems with this service because is consuming a
lot of memory.

We don't know if there is a way to control this at
compilation time of something like that.

bye!
Thanks for your help !!!

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:24:54 GMT
 Virtual Memory
All memory consumed by applications on Windows is Virtual memory - there's
not such concept as "conventional memory".

Given that, it sounds like your service has a memory leak, but I'm not sure
exactly how to interpret your statements.  When you say "the virtual memory
increases constantly", what exactly are you referring to (i.e. how are you
measuing it)?  Likewise, when you say "the conventional memory increases and
diminishes", what exactly are you referring to (how are you measuring it)?

-cd

Quote:

> Hi,

> We're working with a service made in Visual C, running in
> Win 2000 professional.
> The process starts with an amount of conventional memory
> and virtual memory.
> The conventional memory used by the process increases and
> diminishes during its execution, but the virtual memory
> increases constantly.

> We had  problems with this service because is consuming a
> lot of memory.

> We don't know if there is a way to control this at
> compilation time of something like that.

> bye!
> Thanks for your help !!!

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:06:01 GMT

1. Virtual memory and mirrored memory question

2. How to lock a range of virtual memory to physical memory to prevent page fault

3. Obtaining physical memory address from virtual memory address?

4. Virtual memory

5. inline-virtual memory-page fault

6. virtual memory malloc() with lcc ?

7. Virtual memory!!

8. Virtual Memory and Hyper-text

9. Virtual Memory Managers

10. 386 unix (was Re: 386 demand paged virtual memory)

11. Virtual memory libraries under DOS

12. Change Virtual Memory in MsWindows3.1