How to terminate a process
Author Message
 How to terminate a process

I have an NT service that starts a process and
need to be able to terminate it.

Does anyone have a way to terminate the process
from within the service? TerminateProcess does
not work.

Thanks,
Gary

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to terminate a process

Never use TerminateProcess unless you really need it, see the help on it for
more info.
To terminate the process, use an inter-process communication mechanism such
as an event, a windows message, a pipe, ....

Cheers,
Guillaume.

Quote:
> I have an NT service that starts a process and
> need to be able to terminate it.

> Does anyone have a way to terminate the process
> from within the service? TerminateProcess does
> not work.

> Thanks,
> Gary

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Find and terminate a process under WIN98

2. How to terminate a Process by Name ??

3. How to terminate a process?

4. About terminate a process:

5. How to terminate a process created with CreateProcess(...)

6. Cannot terminate a process.

7. How to terminate a process?

8. How do I terminate a process that I created

9. How to terminate a Process by Name ??

10. (Q) How to terminate a Process

11. How to terminate a process

12. How to terminate child process when calling process exits?