NO Sockets Please!!(networking)
Author Message
 NO Sockets Please!!(networking)

Hello,

I am developing an application which interrogates services on remote
machines/internet.  The OS is NT and I have already developed a protocol
driver which communicates directly with the network card.  My problem is
as follows:

When using sockets to interrogate a port on a machine, I get a response
on several machines on Port 21 but with other ports such as 139 etc
there is no responce.  For other reasons as well, I wish to develop
something that uses low level communications methods which there is more
control over (lower than sockets).  Any ideas????I would be happy to
share any code or ideas

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NO Sockets Please!!(networking)
Check some internet programming links at
    http://users.neca.com/vmis/

--
rgds,
Shiva

http://members.tripod.com/~ShivaJ/index.html

Quote:

> Hello,

> I am developing an application which interrogates services on remote
> machines/internet.  The OS is NT and I have already developed a protocol
> driver which communicates directly with the network card.  My problem is
> as follows:

> When using sockets to interrogate a port on a machine, I get a response
> on several machines on Port 21 but with other ports such as 139 etc
> there is no responce.  For other reasons as well, I wish to develop
> something that uses low level communications methods which there is more
> control over (lower than sockets).  Any ideas????I would be happy to
> share any code or ideas

> Thanks in advance

> Chris

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NO Sockets Please!!(networking)

Quote:

>When using sockets to interrogate a port on a machine, I get a response
>on several machines on Port 21 but with other ports such as 139 etc
>there is no responce

Hmmm...making a new WinNuker? :))

Principal Software Engineer       Corporate Web Page:     http://www.xiotech.com

Eden Prairie, MN                  Personal Home Page:   http://www.visi.com/~nde

"Question authority...and the authorities will end up questioning YOU!"

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. network sockets /linux

2. Windows Sockets Network Programming

3. Using fgets on a network socket

4. socket programming problem (network not reachable)

5. socket programming problem (network not reachable)

6. Windows Sockets and PC's with 2 network cards

7. Windows Sockets and PC's with 2 network cards

8. sample code for simple network socket programming

9. Sockets and network traffic

10. Sockets across dial in networking

11. network programming:COM,Socket,TCPIP?

12. Sockets and Dial up networking