Please explain msvcrt.dll msvcrt20.dll msvcrt40.dll
Author Message
 Please explain msvcrt.dll msvcrt20.dll msvcrt40.dll

We are using VC ++ 4.2. and compiling with /MD switch.

Reading the doc that I've seen it says that msvcrt.lib is used to link
which is the import library for the msvcrtx0.dll which should be
msvcrt40.dll in my case.

What I do not understand is that known of my programs use msvcrt40.dll
because I have deleted it and everything is ok.  Only the msvcrt.dll is
being used.

Can someone explain?

Please respond to

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Purpose of MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

2. Purpose of MSVCRT20.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL

3. msvcrt.dll mfc42.dll mfco42.dll

4. Problems with Win32s and MSVCRT40.DLL and OLE32.DLL

5. Difference between MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCR70.DLL?

6. __argv fails in dll when using multi-threaded msvcrt dll's

7. msvcrt.dll and mfc42.dll

8. REPOST: Redistributing/Installign MSVCP60.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL on NT/2K/ME/XP

9. MSVCRT.DLL and PLUGIN.DLL

10. Why is msvcrt20.dll being loaded?

11. Symbols for MSVCRT40.DLL

12. Sticky bad msvcrt40.dll problems