convert console app
Author Message
 convert console app

I have written a console app to do text file searching and report the
results to standard out.I use this from VBS by piping the stdo to a file.How
can this console app be converted so that i can call the search function
from VBS like this....
createObject("myFile.myClass").myFunction()

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:56:22 GMT
 convert console app

Quote:
> I have written a console app to do text file searching and report the
> results to standard out.I use this from VBS by piping the stdo to a
file.How
> can this console app be converted so that i can call the search function
> from VBS like this....
> createObject("myFile.myClass").myFunction()

You need to convert the guts of your program into a COM object (DLL) which
exposes an IDispatch interface with functions using only VBS compatible
types (BSTR, VARIANT, int, maybe a few others, I don't recall).

You might find the ATL AppWizard helpful in making a "shell" object into
which you can paste the guts of your searching program.

-cd

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:29:49 GMT

1. About converting Console App to DLL

2. Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

3. Convert non-MFV console app to MFC console app?

4. Invoking a console app and hiding the console.

5. Connecting a console app and a WIN32 app using pipes

6. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

7. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

8. dif between console app and normal win app

9. win32 app vs win32 console app?

10. Console apps vs Windows Apps

11. Run console app from within my gui app

12. MFC and DOS apps - Redirecting console output to an MFC app (Newbie)