Hi speed find / replace code
Author Message
 Hi speed find / replace code

All,

I am looking for some high speed (the faster the better) code to do search /
replace on a text file. The code can be implemented in basically anything,
but needs to be able to be called from VB 5, as I will be calling it from a
MTS (MS Transaction Server) Object.

The files will be about 20-30mb in size.

Any ideas / pointers / flames ?

Thanks

Glenn Corbett

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hi speed find / replace code

hi Glenn.

Quote:
>I am looking for some high speed (the faster the better) code to do search
/
>replace on a text file. The code can be implemented in basically anything,

take a look at CEditView which implements search/replace.

WM_HOPETHISHELPS
thomas woelfer
http://www.woelfer.com

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hi speed find / replace code

Quote:

>I am looking for some high speed (the faster the better) code to do search /
>replace on a text file.

The fastest non-fuzzy search algorithm for text I know of is
Boyer/Moore (no relation). The algorithm is described in Sedgewicks
book "Algorithms", which belongs on every programmers bookshelf (just
to the left of "Code Complete" and just to the right of "The Story of
O" <g>).

Bob Moore [MVP]

Due to an unreasonable amount of queries, I no
longer answer emailed questions. Sorry.

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. C book to develop hi speed executables?

2. Hi Speed transmission over UART

3. Find and Replace, Not Find and Overwrite

4. Find dialogbox or Find/replace dialogbox?

5. Find and Find/Replace

6. StringBuilder Replace vs Append Speed

7. Hi, where to find win32 sdk?

8. hi,what is meaning of these code

9. Find/Replace in vs.NET

10. Find/Replace