creating a program on cd to create directories and folders on a hard drive
Author Message
 creating a program on cd to create directories and folders on a hard drive

I need to create an executable file, burned onto a cd rom, that when the cd
is inserted in the drive will automatically create subdirectories on the
person's hard drive under something like c:\my documents.  Then the files
located on the cd rom need to be copied to the designated subdirectories.
This cd rom will be used numerous times, so the subdirectories only need to
be created once, and the files only need to be downloaded once.

I can create in either Visual C++ or Visual Basic, whichever is easier.

Please help!

Amie

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 creating a program on cd to create directories and folders on a hard drive

Quote:

>I need to create an executable file, burned onto a cd rom, that when the cd
>is inserted in the drive will automatically create subdirectories on the
>person's hard drive under something like c:\my documents.  Then the files
>located on the cd rom need to be copied to the designated subdirectories.
>This cd rom will be used numerous times, so the subdirectories only need to
>be created once, and the files only need to be downloaded once.

To use autoplay feature you have to put a file named autorun.inf in root
directory of your CD-Rom;
this should be a simple text file containing information about the program
that should be run when the CD is inserted in the drive and the icon that
should be shown instead of the default CD-Rom driver icon.

[autorun]
open = yourprogram.exe
icon = youricon.ico

You can made the program in any programming language.
You have to test for the presence of the target directory (and related
files) during your program startup.

---
Valter Minute

www.fortech.it/english
---
Are you looking for a good freeware ScreenSaver? Try FOYD!
http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win95/desktop/foyd1295.zip/
And ask me for the free C++ source code.

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating a folder/directory

2. Creating A Folder/Directory

3. create directory folder

4. InstallShield 3.0 doesn't remove the folder created in the start program menu

5. how to create folder in start-program menu?

6. InstallShield 3.0 doesn't remove the folder created in the start program menu

7. Browse for folder, create new folder...

8. Creating a Virtual directory through a C# program

9. Creating a Virtual directory through a program as done by VS.NET IDE

10. Looking for routiness to play audio CD's in CD ROM drive

11. CD-ROM drive type and drive letter assignment.

12. CD-ROM drive type and drive letter assignment.