Problems importing msado15.dll
Author Message
 Problems importing msado15.dll

HI,

Im trying to import the msado15 DLL (using #import directive) but when I
compile my project I get several errors in msado15.tli/tlh like:
 "_Connection15 : base class undefined" or
"_com_issue_errorex : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'struct Connection
*const' to 'struct IUnknown *'" and so on..
Im using VC5 with windows 95... Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks,

Tiago Gehring

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems importing msado15.dll
See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/7/26.ASP.

Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems
San Diego, CA

Quote:
> HI,

> Im trying to import the msado15 DLL (using #import directive) but when I
> compile my project I get several errors in msado15.tli/tlh like:
>  "_Connection15 : base class undefined" or
> "_com_issue_errorex : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'struct Connection
> *const' to 'struct IUnknown *'" and so on..
> Im using VC5 with windows 95... Any help would be appreciated..
> Thanks,

> Tiago Gehring

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems importing msado15.dll
Thanks, now I know that this is a bug in Visual C++ 5.0... The solution
microsoft gives is to get Visual Studio 97 service pack 3 (about 97Mb...)
OR upgrade to Visual C++ 6.0 OR edit the .tlh generated file..
I live outside US and I cannot wait for the CD or download the files so
Ive tried the third option, but it didnt work..
Ive edited the .tlh file but when I compile my project the compiler
creates and overwrites the file again, ignoring my changes.. Is there any
way to force the compiler to read the edited .tlh file?

thanks again,

Tiago Gehring

Quote:
> See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/7/26.ASP.

> Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
> SVi Retail Systems
> San Diego, CA

> > HI,

> > Im trying to import the msado15 DLL (using #import directive) but when
> > compile my project I get several errors in msado15.tli/tlh like:
> >  "_Connection15 : base class undefined" or
> > "_com_issue_errorex : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'struct
Connection
> > *const' to 'struct IUnknown *'" and so on..
> > Im using VC5 with windows 95... Any help would be appreciated..
> > Thanks,

> > Tiago Gehring

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems importing msado15.dll
Tiago,

If you edit the .TLH file manually, you then have to:

1. Remove (or comment out) the #import statement.
2. #include the .TLH file.

HTH,
Paul

Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems
San Diego, CA

Quote:
> Thanks, now I know that this is a bug in Visual C++ 5.0... The solution
> microsoft gives is to get Visual Studio 97 service pack 3 (about 97Mb...)
> OR upgrade to Visual C++ 6.0 OR edit the .tlh generated file..
> I live outside US and I cannot wait for the CD or download the files so
> Ive tried the third option, but it didnt work..
> Ive edited the .tlh file but when I compile my project the compiler
> creates and overwrites the file again, ignoring my changes.. Is there any
> way to force the compiler to read the edited .tlh file?

> thanks again,

> Tiago Gehring

> > See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/7/26.ASP.

> > Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
> > SVi Retail Systems
> > San Diego, CA

> > > HI,

> > > Im trying to import the msado15 DLL (using #import directive) but
when
> > > compile my project I get several errors in msado15.tli/tlh like:
> > >  "_Connection15 : base class undefined" or
> > > "_com_issue_errorex : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'struct
> Connection
> > > *const' to 'struct IUnknown *'" and so on..
> > > Im using VC5 with windows 95... Any help would be appreciated..
> > > Thanks,

> > > Tiago Gehring

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems importing msado15.dll

2. Problem importing msado15.dll

3. import msado15.dll problem

4. Problem with #import msado15.dll :enum type redefinition

5. IN Atl7.0 where to import msado15.dll

6. Importing MSADO15.dll

7. Importing msado15.dll

8. Unable to import msado15.dll

9. #import msado15.dll

10. ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement

11. Pbm Importing msADO15.DLL

12. #import "msado15.dll"