UDP socket and InstallShield???
Author Message
 UDP socket and InstallShield???

Hi, everyone:

I created a client program with VC6 that will use UDP sockets to communicate
with servers. The program works fine on my NT server, where I do all the
coding. But after I use installShield to build a setup program and install
it on a Win95 client PC. It failed to create UDP socket and the error code
is 10044(WSAESOCKTNOSUPPORT),  which means the socket type is not suportted.

It's the first time I use installshield to create setup program. I defined
all the executive files and shared DLLs, then ran the wizards to build the
program. Everything looks right except that it didn't ask me to reboot the
client computer after installation is done.

So, do you have any idea what the problem is? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Leo

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UDP socket and InstallShield???
    Probably you failed to include some dll needed by the program in the
setup.
    Check the dll in use when the program is running and look if they are
present on the client.
    Installshield can have missed the dll because its not one directly need
by the program.
    Jacques

Quote:

>Hi, everyone:

>I created a client program with VC6 that will use UDP sockets to
communicate
>with servers. The program works fine on my NT server, where I do all the
>coding. But after I use installShield to build a setup program and install
>it on a Win95 client PC. It failed to create UDP socket and the error code
>is 10044(WSAESOCKTNOSUPPORT),  which means the socket type is not
suportted.

>It's the first time I use installshield to create setup program. I defined
>all the executive files and shared DLLs, then ran the wizards to build the
>program. Everything looks right except that it didn't ask me to reboot the
>client computer after installation is done.

>So, do you have any idea what the problem is? Any help will be appreciated.
>Thanks.

>Leo

Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Close a UDP socket

2. Q: Writing UDP Socket in C...

3. udp socket

4. UDP Datagram sockets

5. UDP Socket question

6. TCP/UDP sockets in Visual C++.

7. Broadcast over UDP socket

8. Multihreading UDP Socket Server

9. UDP sockets - How to read data?

10. UDP Socket Win32 Help

11. UDP sockets samples?

12. UDP Windows Socket connection HELP!!!