illegal call of non-static member function *HELP*
Author Message
 illegal call of non-static member function *HELP*

Hey,
    I'm trying to use functions from other classes such as CMenu or CCmdUI,
but when i try them, i get the following error:

'illegal call of non-static member function'

what does this mean?

I'm trying to uncheck or check a menu or see if its checked or not...

please help, thanks

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 illegal call of non-static member function *HELP*

Quote:
>Hey,
>    I'm trying to use functions from other classes such as CMenu or CCmdUI,
>but when i try them, i get the following error:

>'illegal call of non-static member function'

>what does this mean?

>I'm trying to uncheck or check a menu or see if its checked or not...

>please help, thanks

It would certainly help if you showed us the code.

Rick G (in CA)
(To reply remove .NO.Spam from my e-mail address)

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 illegal call of non-static member function *HELP*
Sounds like you're trying to call with syntax like:

CCmdUI::Foo()  instead of through an object like
cmdUI->Foo()

Quote:

> Hey,
>     I'm trying to use functions from other classes such as CMenu or CCmdUI,
> but when i try them, i get the following error:

> 'illegal call of non-static member function'

> what does this mean?

> I'm trying to uncheck or check a menu or see if its checked or not...

> please help, thanks

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. illegal call of non-static member function

2. illegal call of non-static member function

3. illegal call of non-static member function

4. Illegal call of non-static member function (error)?

5. illegal call of non-static member function

6. Error C2352 - illegal call of non-static member function

7. Compiler Error C2352: illegal call of non-static member function

8. illegal call of non-static member function

9. iilegal call of non-static member function

10. One Problem in Calling Static function from Non static function

11. illegal call of non-static ...

12. Nothing declared as static but: illegal call of non-static member function...