getting system time on NT
Author Message
 getting system time on NT

When I use the _strdate function in my app to get the date
I am getting 1/02/1994. But if I create a test project and use
_strdate I get the correct date. I have it the first thing in
main so there is nothing in the app that is setting the date.
There must be some compiler option that is resetting to a default.
Any ideas?

Thanks

PS this is an embedded application so I am not using MFC so I
can't use CTime etc.

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 03:53:21 GMT
 getting system time on NT
tyr GetLocalTime() etc

Quote:
> When I use the _strdate function in my app to get the date
> I am getting 1/02/1994. But if I create a test project and use
> _strdate I get the correct date. I have it the first thing in
> main so there is nothing in the app that is setting the date.
> There must be some compiler option that is resetting to a default.
> Any ideas?

> Thanks

> PS this is an embedded application so I am not using MFC so I
> can't use CTime etc.

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:53:32 GMT
 getting system time on NT

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 getting system time on NT
I found the problem and embarrassed to admit it. The time I was
getting was from the embedded system. I was erroneously looking for
the time to be what was set on the host NT system. duh
Quote:
When I use the _strdate function in my app to get the date
I am getting 1/02/1994. But if I create a test project and use
_strdate I get the correct date. I have it the first thing in
main so there is nothing in the app that is setting the date.
There must be some compiler option that is resetting to a default.
Any ideas?

Thanks

PS this is an embedded application so I am not using MFC so I
can't use CTime etc.
.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:57:08 GMT

1. Getting system time from an NT server

2. Getting Time from an NT server in a VC++5 Win95 app

3. Getting time from a remote NT machine

4. Getting time from an NT server

5. Getting Time from an NT server in a Win95 VC++ 5 app

6. getting and useing system time

7. Getting system time

8. getting wrong system time

9. How to set System Time on Windows NT?

10. changing system's time zone in Windows 98 and NT

11. getting the system time format

12. Getting idle time of system/os