Configuring dial-up programmatically
Author Message
 Configuring dial-up programmatically

Sorry for the cross posting to so many groups -- but I don't really know
where I should be asking this question...

I'm working on a project to develop an automatic sign-up program for an ISP
to distribute to its end users.  One of the requirments that I am wrestling
with at the moment involves installing the dial-up networking adapter and
the TCP/IP stack on a clean machine running 95/98/NT and configuring it
programmatically without user intervention.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Shelby Cain

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Configuring dial-up programmatically
Not really an answer but might help you out anyway......

Windows TCP/IP Registry Entries
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q158/4/74.asp

How to Run Control Panel Tools by Typing a Command
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q192/8/06.asp

HOWTO Enumerate and Run Available Control Panel Applets
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q232/5/36.asp

Information about TCP/IP Port Assignments
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q174/9/04.asp

How to Start Dial-Up Networking Connection Using Command Line
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q145/7/40.asp
--
 Attila Szabo
 Microsoft-MVP

:
: I'm working on a project to develop an automatic sign-up program for an
ISP
: to distribute to its end users.  One of the requirments that I am
wrestling
: with at the moment involves installing the dial-up networking adapter and
: the TCP/IP stack on a clean machine running 95/98/NT and configuring it
: programmatically without user intervention.
:
: Has anyone ever heard of this?
:
: Any information would be greatly appreciated...
:
: Regards,
:
: Shelby Cain
:
:

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Configuring dial-up programmatically
If it's for an ISP, you are probably best to distribute IE5 and use the CMAK
utility that comes with IEAK  See Microsoft's IEAK page either
http://ieak.microsoft.com or www.microsoft.com/ieak should get you there.

If you don't want to go down that track, you  will need to look at adding
windows components, inf file proably easiest, but you will have to handle if
no modem is installed to.

--
Bill McCarthy, MVP VB
Total Environment

Quote:
> Sorry for the cross posting to so many groups -- but I don't really know
> where I should be asking this question...

> I'm working on a project to develop an automatic sign-up program for an
ISP
> to distribute to its end users.  One of the requirments that I am
wrestling
> with at the moment involves installing the dial-up networking adapter and
> the TCP/IP stack on a clean machine running 95/98/NT and configuring it
> programmatically without user intervention.

> Has anyone ever heard of this?

> Any information would be greatly appreciated...

> Regards,

> Shelby Cain

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

2. configuring IP Address programmatically

3. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

4. How to programmatically configure the IE options

5. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

6. Programmatically configuring ODBC Datasource

7. Programmatically Installing Dial Up Networking Profile

8. How To Launch DialUp Networking Programmatically

9. Dial-Up programmatically

10. Dial a dialup networking entry

11. ANNOUNCE: Updated UPS debugger for Sun, Linux ELF available

12. Fast Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) calculations w/o table look-ups