For example, Windows comes with the "CARDS.DLL" which contains bitmaps
of a deck of cards, and i would like to show a card within a simple
window.

Any examples or pointers of this would be *MOST* appreciated!

Regards-

Robert III
(Replies to email preferred)

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:54:33 GMT
For example, Windows comes with the "CARDS.DLL" which contains bitmaps
of a deck of cards, and i would like to show a card within a simple
window.

Any examples or pointers of this would be *MOST* appreciated!

Regards-

Robert III
(Replies to email preferred)

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:52:34 GMT
Can you clarify what you mean by "this"?

Quote:
> For example, Windows comes with the "CARDS.DLL" which contains bitmaps
> of a deck of cards, and i would like to show a card within a simple
> window.

> Any examples or pointers of this would be *MOST* appreciated!

> Regards-

> Robert III
> (Replies to email preferred)

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:22:03 GMT

> Can you clarify what you mean by "this"?

> > For example, Windows comes with the "CARDS.DLL" which contains bitmaps
> > of a deck of cards, and i would like to show a card within a simple
> > window.

> > Any examples or pointers of this would be *MOST* appreciated!

Any examples or pointers of "the example i just described or similar"
would
be *MOST* appreciated.

To elaborate, I am wanting to write a simple exe, which calls upon
"cards.dll",
and loads a bitmap of a card from that dll and draws it into my app.

Again, i would really appreciate any sought of help here.

Quote:

> > Regards-

> > Robert III
> > (Replies to email preferred)

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:44:37 GMT
MIND Column: Fun and Games
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/periodic/period96/games.htm

As you will see, the article describes doing much more than your subject
asked for, so that is why I needed clarification. You probably did not
realize that it was not as clear to me what you were asking for, but I hope
you are getting more than you were hoping for.

Quote:

> > Can you clarify what you mean by "this"?

> > > For example, Windows comes with the "CARDS.DLL" which contains bitmaps
> > > of a deck of cards, and i would like to show a card within a simple
> > > window.

> > > Any examples or pointers of this would be *MOST* appreciated!

> Any examples or pointers of "the example i just described or similar"
> would
> be *MOST* appreciated.

> To elaborate, I am wanting to write a simple exe, which calls upon
> "cards.dll",
> and loads a bitmap of a card from that dll and draws it into my app.

> Again, i would really appreciate any sought of help here.

> > > Regards-

> > > Robert III
> > > (Replies to email preferred)

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:24:05 GMT
HMODULE hMod = LoadLibrary(...);
HBITMAP hbmp = LoadBitmap(hMod, ...);
FreeLibrary(hMod);

--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> For example, Windows comes with the "CARDS.DLL" which contains bitmaps
> of a deck of cards, and i would like to show a card within a simple
> window.

> Any examples or pointers of this would be *MOST* appreciated!

> Regards-

> Robert III
> (Replies to email preferred)

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 04:01:17 GMT

2. Bitmaps don't load on some machines

3. Bitmaps don't load on some machines

4. your thoughts on loading bitmaps from a resource DLL

6. Still Can't Stored Procedure's Output Parameter from DLL.(+ the Result Set)

7. DLL dialog doesn't load anymore once changed to statically link DLL

8. Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

9. Cleanup of explicit loaded DLL's in regular MFC DLL

10. DevStudio'97 Profiler and dynamically loaded DLL's

12. WIN2K: Can't debug a DLL loaded by a service