DLL doesn't link runtime functions
Author Message
 DLL doesn't link runtime functions

        A new DLL project in VC++ 5.0, SP3 on WinNT, is built and a function with
some calls to runtime library routines is added.  This compiles but I get
unresolved external errors when linking on all the runtime library
routines.  Adding libc.lib to the linker input doesn't help.  The same
function in a console application builds fine.  Anyone know what's going
on?  Thanks.

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL doesn't link runtime functions

What function(s) are not linking?   You need to specify the correct library,
which
may not be libc.lib

Quote:

> A new DLL project in VC++ 5.0, SP3 on WinNT, is built and a function with
>some calls to runtime library routines is added.  This compiles but I get
>unresolved external errors when linking on all the runtime library
>routines.  Adding libc.lib to the linker input doesn't help.  The same
>function in a console application builds fine.  Anyone know what's going
>on?  Thanks.

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL doesn't link runtime functions

The functions are those found in time.h and stdio.h.

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL doesn't link runtime functions

If you want to send me the project (or a stripped down version of it...)
I'll look into it.  BTW, I just built a simple do-nothing DLL with no
libraries
linked, but with the following code.  No link errors.   As long as I don't
specify /NODEFAULTLIB, the linker searches the appropriate libraries
to resolve printf().

#include <stdio.h>

void main()
{
    printf("Hello world\n");

Quote:
}

>The functions are those found in time.h and stdio.h.

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL doesn't link runtime functions

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 DLL doesn't link runtime functions

- TEST -

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL dialog doesn't load anymore once changed to statically link DLL

2. C++ 4.0 doesn't work like C++ 2.0 for function exports and explicit linking

3. Calling function in managed dll from Unmanaged MFC Application doesn't work on XP

4. DLL function calling problems (explicit - only knowing function name at runtime)

5. Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

6. mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)

7. runtime linking and function calling

8. static linking of runtime functions (msvcrt)

9. HELP: Linking DLL without need ot .NET runtime

10. The new CString doesn't let me _link_ in Visual Studio beta 2

11. Why doesn't my linked list work?

12. PDB file > 65MB doesn't link