Determining ProductVersion using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO
Author Message
 Determining ProductVersion using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO

I am trying to determine ProductVersion of a file ( basically sqlservr.exe).
I am using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO datastructure to determine this.

char fileversiononsystem[200];
VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *fileinfo = (VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *)lpBuffer;
sprintf(fileversiononsystem,
"%d.%d.%d.%d",HIWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionMS),
       LOWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionMS),
       HIWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionLS),
       LOWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionLS));

fileversiononsystem comes as  8.0.1.94 while file
properties->Version->ProductVersion reads 8.00.194.

What could be the reason?Do I need to map the value returned to something
else to get the proper value?

Thanks.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:04:10 GMT
 Determining ProductVersion using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO
In the Properties dialog, Version | File Version comes from
VS_FIXEDFILEINFO, whereas Version | Product Version comes from variable
string info, accessbile with VerQueryValue. The two values do not have
to be the same.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I am trying to determine ProductVersion of a file ( basically
sqlservr.exe).
> I am using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO datastructure to determine this.

> char fileversiononsystem[200];
> VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *fileinfo = (VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *)lpBuffer;
> sprintf(fileversiononsystem,
> "%d.%d.%d.%d",HIWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionMS),
>        LOWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionMS),
>        HIWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionLS),
>        LOWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionLS));

> fileversiononsystem comes as  8.0.1.94 while file
> properties->Version->ProductVersion reads 8.00.194.

> What could be the reason?Do I need to map the value returned to
something
> else to get the proper value?

> Thanks.

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:11:13 GMT
 Determining ProductVersion using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO
Thanks a lot!
-Sharad

Quote:
> In the Properties dialog, Version | File Version comes from
> VS_FIXEDFILEINFO, whereas Version | Product Version comes from variable
> string info, accessbile with VerQueryValue. The two values do not have
> to be the same.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > I am trying to determine ProductVersion of a file ( basically
> sqlservr.exe).
> > I am using VS_FIXEDFILEINFO datastructure to determine this.

> > char fileversiononsystem[200];
> > VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *fileinfo = (VS_FIXEDFILEINFO *)lpBuffer;
> > sprintf(fileversiononsystem,
> > "%d.%d.%d.%d",HIWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionMS),
> >        LOWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionMS),
> >        HIWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionLS),
> >        LOWORD(fileinfo->dwProductVersionLS));

> > fileversiononsystem comes as  8.0.1.94 while file
> > properties->Version->ProductVersion reads 8.00.194.

> > What could be the reason?Do I need to map the value returned to
> something
> > else to get the proper value?

> > Thanks.

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:43:09 GMT

1. VS_FIXEDFILEINFO Help needed

2. how to set CompanyName, ProductName, ProductVersion

3. Obtaining FileVersion / ProductVersion from the version resource in Visual C++ 5.0

4. Reading the productversion of my application

5. Are ProductVersion and FileVersion described any place?

6. Application.ProductVersion

7. Determine length of array using sizeof

8. Using CDAORecordset, how do you determine...

9. Using GetVersionEx to determine NT Workstation vs Server

10. Determine resource used by Windows NT / System, when device is not registered in NT

11. Determining if MFC is used

12. Using reflection to determine whether the new modifier has been applied