Changing the default printer
Author Message
 Changing the default printer

This is the fisrt message that I post to this group (and I dont know if
this group acepts this kind of questions, but I didnt find a group like
'vc.win32')..

My question is: how can I change the system default printer (in win32)?

Ive tried to use 'EnumPrinters', searching for one printer,  opening the
choosen printer, appending to its attributes 'PRINTER_ATTRIBUTE_DEFAULT'
and finally using 'SetPrinter' (and closing it after), but it didnt work;

Thanks,

Tiago Gehring

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing the default printer

Quote:
> My question is: how can I change the system default printer (in win32)?

That comes up through the print/preview dialog.  You
usually don't implement that yourself but call up the
dialogs that ship with windows.  Or you set it through
the control panel.

--
Dan Evens
Standard disclaimers etc. No spam please.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing the default printer

Quote:
>My question is: how can I change the system default printer (in win32)?

Tiago,

Have a look at Knowledge Base articles Q135387 "How to Get and Set the
Default Printer in Windows", and Q140560 "How to Set the Default
Printer Programmatically in Windows 95".

Dave

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to change the default printer

2. change system default printer?

3. Changing the default Printer Tray

4. Changing the default printer settings for the entire system

5. Programatically change windows default printer

6. How to change the default printer

7. changing the default printer

8. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

9. How to change the default printer in NT using C?

10. How can we check and change the default printer in the program?

11. How to change the default printer in NT using C?

12. Changing default printer