how to truncate a file opened in text mode
Author Message
 how to truncate a file opened in text mode

I am overwriting the last items stored in a file opened in text mode.
Since the new items might be shorter than the previous ones, I would
like to truncate the file at the actual pointer position.
I am using the C libraries of Microsoft VC.
How can I perform this task?
Many thanks for your help.
Alain Weiler

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TRUNCATING OPENED TEXT FILE

2. Truncating a fstream opened in ios::ate mode

3. Truncating an open file on UNIX

4. Truncating a binary file opened for read and write

5. Open a file with std::ofstream without truncate it

6. How do I truncate an already opened file?

7. How to truncate file opened r+?

8. Print a text file in text mode to the printer

9. Truncating large text files in C

10. Append from text file & Truncate Table

11. Easy way to truncate a text file

12. how to truncate a text file