LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable
Author Message
 LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable

All of a sudden, I've started getting this linker error message:

  LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable

Has anyone run into this?

I am using:

  Visual C++ 6.0 SP1
  NT 4.0 SP 4

Thanks,

John

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable

Quote:
> All of a sudden, I've started getting this linker error message:

>   LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable

> Has anyone run into this?

> I am using:

>   Visual C++ 6.0 SP1
>   NT 4.0 SP 4

> Thanks,

> John

Here are some more details:

--------------------Configuration: Main - Win32 Debug--------------------
  (...)
Compiling resources...
Compiling...
  (...)
Generating Code...
Linking...
LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable
  ExceptionCode            = C0000005
  ExceptionFlags           = 00000000
  ExceptionAddress         = 004622E0
  NumberParameters         = 00000002
  ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000000
  ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 0159D5F0
CONTEXT:
  Eax    = FFFFFFFF  Esp    = 0012E6BC
  Ebx    = 00000000  Ebp    = 015955A0
  Ecx    = 0323181F  Esi    = 0000100B
  Edx    = 000005DD  Edi    = 402A11A8
  Eip    = 004622E0  EFlags = 00010202
  SegCs  = 0000001B  SegDs  = 00000023
  SegSs  = 00000023  SegEs  = 00000023
  SegFs  = 00000038  SegGs  = 00000000
  Dr0    = 0012E6BC  Dr3    = 00000000
  Dr1    = 015955A0  Dr6    = 0323181F
  Dr2    = 00000000  Dr7    = 00000000
Error executing link.exe.
Tool execution canceled by user.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Link error: 'Internal error during ReadSymbolTable'

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during BuildImage

3. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

4. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

5. LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase

6. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

7. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

8. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

9. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

10. Help! Link error: Internal error during IdentifyAssignedOrdinals

11. Internal link error during pass 1

12. Link : Internal error during SetupPhase